Deal signed to help energy efficient projectsSeptember 13th, 2010 - 6:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) The finance ministry Monday signed a tripartite agreement with the World Bank and the Small Industries Development Bank of India to help finance energy efficient projects of small industries.
The project is proposed to be implemented through global environment facility grant of $11.3 million, an official statement said.
The objective of the project is to increase demand for energy efficiency investments in micro, small and medium enterprise and to build their capacity to access commercial finance.
The project which consists of different parts including, capacity and awareness building, increasing energy efficiency investments and knowledge management and sharing, is likely to be completed by the end of 2014.
– Indo-Asian News Service
- Tripartite pact signed for financing energy efficiency project - Sep 13, 2010
- GDP growth will surpass 8.75 percent target: Mukherjee - Sep 23, 2010
- Benefits of exports should be shared with producers - Sep 12, 2010
- Over 80 percent mid-size firms do not use advance ERP - Sep 26, 2010
- Rwanda taps India for food security, investment - Oct 18, 2011
- Protectionism will kill growth and innovation: Sharma - Sep 22, 2010
- Banks' non-performing assets may rise: Assocham - Aug 14, 2011
- African Union summit concludes with package of agreements (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- 'Rate hikes playing havoc with SMEs' - Oct 25, 2011
- RBI proposes rules for new bank licenses, invites comments - Aug 11, 2010
- FDI norms for real estate may be relaxed: Sharma - Sep 16, 2010
- Business confidence on the decline: CII - Oct 23, 2011
- India seeks to invest in diverse sectors of Peruvian economy - Sep 08, 2010
- Govt okays FDI proposals worth Rs.2,727 crore - Sep 23, 2010
- ISB event to provide start-up businesses access to funding - Dec 01, 2011
Tags: asian news, bank of india, commercial finance, energy efficiency, finance ministry, gk, global environment facility, increasing energy, indo, investments, knowledge management, New Delhi, news service, objective, small and medium enterprise, small industries development bank, srj, tripartite agreement, world bank