David Gillingham appointed Dean of Holborn CollegeFebruary 1st, 2008 - 8:03 pm ICT by admin
London, Feb 1 (ANI-Business Wire India): Professor David Gillingham has been appointed as the new Dean of Faculty at Holborn College, part of Kaplan’s international Higher Education business.
David, a leader in business education, will also become an Academic Director within Kaplan Higher Education International (KHEI) and join the KHEI Academic Board.
David is currently Pro-Vice-Chancellor and Director of Entrepreneurship, Education and Internationalisation at Coventry University. Previously, David was Director of Academic Affairs at Dublin Institute of Technology and Dean and Vice-President, Academic and International at ESC Rennes, one of France’s ‘grand ecoles’ where he founded The Network of International Business Schools.
Joining London-based Holborn April 1, 2008, David will be responsible for directing new programme developments and quality initiatives that will seek to enhance the position of Holborn College as one of the leading independent Higher Education providers in the UK.
Charles Hall, President of Kaplan Higher Education International, said: “We are delighted to welcome David, a widely respected academic and leader in business education. His long and distinguished experience in higher education will further strengthen our Academic Board and management team.”
David said: “I am very excited to be joining Holborn College at this stage in its development. I have a clear vision of a strong and vibrant college, which will be recruiting new academic staff to support new courses designed to meet the needs of our international students. As we take advantage of the resources of Kaplan Higher Education, we will be introducing new learning technologies and developing new opportunities for students to progress to rewarding professional careers. My first year at Holborn will be spent on strengthening the academic team and developing new courses so that the college can move confidently into the future as one of the major private education providers in the UK higher education sector.”
Born in Southampton and educated in England, David has also published widely on business, entrepreneurship, higher education, and human error management. He has taught marketing, particularly industrial and international marketing, and business strategy. David is a Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Marketing and holds Visiting Professorships in Finland and France. He continues to be active in human error research. (ANI)
- Yale names IIM, Ahmedabad almunus to top post (With images) - Jun 18, 2012
- UAE committed to promote entrepreneurship: Minister - Mar 08, 2011
- Top business school INSEAD names Dipak Jain as next dean - Sep 20, 2010
- 100,000 Chinese graduates become self-employed - Jun 26, 2011
- India undertapped as US student destination: Study - Nov 04, 2011
- 'Innovation and new technologies will drive markets' - Mar 06, 2012
- US varsity sets up Jain Studies professorship - Apr 21, 2010
- Indian higher education leadership programme with Yale University - Oct 14, 2011
- North American gurus to join Indian management conclave - Aug 05, 2012
- Indian talent pool in US waiting to be tapped - Mar 13, 2011
- Over 200 Indian IT firms at Hyderabad expo - Feb 13, 2012
- Harvard meet on where India is headed - Mar 24, 2012
- ISB signs MoU to offer executive education in Pakistan (with images) - Apr 13, 2012
- Educating European leaders on India's low-cost toilets - Sep 12, 2012
- Schulich business school to set up campus in Hyderabad - Jul 11, 2011
Tags: academic board, academic director, coventry university, dean of faculty, dublin institute of technology, education business, education providers, entrepreneurship education, esc rennes, hall president, holborn college london, independent higher education, international business schools, international higher education, london feb, new dean, quality initiatives, rewarding professional careers, vice chancellor, vice president academic