Darsheel Safary and kids walk the ramp with aplombJuly 11th, 2008 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) There were no glamorous models at this fashion show but “Taare Zameen Par” star Darsheel Safary and a group of tweens and teens who walked the ramp stole the hearts of the audience with their energy and aplomb. Catmoss, a retail brand for children, had Thursday organised the show to unveil its autumn-winter collection.
“Everyone wants to look good so why not kids? To look stylish and trendy is no more related only to teenagers or adults,” Darsheel said after the show.
Dance, drama, attitude, spunk and cute — there are no words adequate enough to describe the show.
The children walked in everything from sporty to trendy to western and ethnic wear. Not used to camera lights and so much attention, some children were initially shy walking the ramp but gradually became comfortable.
“Kids are god’s most beautiful creation and it is a pleasure for us to design for them and see them in different avatars,” said Catmoss director Ashwani Chawla.
The collection was purely cotton based and very colourful at the same time.
The boys displayed spunky T-shirts, shorts, sherwanis and semi-formal shirts with ties. The girls wore tunics, skirts, and a mix of Indo-Western fusion clothing with bold prints.
The range is priced between Rs.245 and Rs.995.
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- When India blended with medieval Turkey at WIFW - Feb 17, 2012
- Fashion for me is comfort: Irfan Pathan - Apr 12, 2012
- Festive wear makes a mark at Lakme Fashion Week - Sep 17, 2010
- Preeti Desai dazzles in white lehenga choli for Anita Dongre - Aug 06, 2012
- Catmoss Launches Ramayana Merchandise - Oct 12, 2010
- Priyanka Chopra named India's Best Dressed - Oct 08, 2011
- Fashion brand Kazo forays into men's wear (With Images) - Jul 07, 2009
- Darsheel to feature on 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chasmah' (With Images) - Apr 14, 2011
- Kalki gets her own 'Senorita' moment on the ramp - Aug 02, 2011
- Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weavers - Oct 09, 2011
- Designer Nida Mahmood’s Latest Collection Inspired From Matchboxes! - Dec 11, 2010
- Jackky not comfortable with ramp walks - Jul 03, 2010
- What gives Nargis Fakhri cold feet? - Feb 19, 2012
- After Katrina, Hrithik may walk the ramp for kids - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: aplomb, ashwformal shirts, autumn winter, avatars, bold prints, colourful, dance drama, fashion show, glamorous models, indo, ramp, retail brand, safary, sherwanis, show dance, spunk, taare zameen par, tweens, winter collection