Daewoo to provide Indonesia with armored vehiclesNovember 11th, 2010 - 11:12 pm ICT by BNO News
SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (BNO NEWS) — Daewoo International Corp. on Thursday announced that it will be providing Indonesia with armored vehicles worth some $70 million.
According to the deal, reported by Yonhap news agency, Indonesia’s Defense Ministry will be supplied with the armored vehicles by the end of 2013 as Daewoo International started producing them this month.
“We received great assistance from the Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA)’s military diplomacy and the Export-Import Bank of Korea’s financial support in concluding the deal,” the company said.
DAPA is South Korea’s weapons procurement agency.
Daewoo International also said it signed an $80 million deal with the Indonesian Navy to maintenance submarines and a $40 million deal with the country’s Air Force to provide aircraft for pilot training over the past year.
- South Korea's defence exports rise over $1 bn in 2009 - Jan 05, 2010
- Daewoo bags $438 mn power project in Libya - Aug 07, 2010
- South Korea lifts temporary travel ban to North - Jan 04, 2012
- Report: South Korea begins live-fire drill near border with North - Dec 20, 2010
- South says North Korea ready to carry out nuclear test - Apr 24, 2012
- S. Korea on alert as N. Korean subs disappear in East Sea - May 26, 2010
- North Korea warns of 'all-out war' in response to South's naval exercise - May 27, 2010
- Bodies of missing South Korean pilots found months after crash - Oct 30, 2011
- India-Russia combat jet may compete in South Korean tender - Aug 18, 2011
- South Korea conducts anti-submarine drills - May 27, 2010
- LG is leader in Mexico's 3D TV market - Feb 09, 2012
- S. Korea hold new massive army, air force drills in show of force against N. Korea - Dec 23, 2010
- 12 killed in South Korea landslide - Jul 27, 2011
- South Korea on high alert after Kim's death - Dec 19, 2011
- US urges Seoul to join anti-Iran sanction - Jan 17, 2012
Tags: acquisition program, air force, armored vehicles, bno, daewoo, daewoo international, dapa, defense acquisition, defense ministry, export import bank, indonesia, military diplomacy, navy, news agency, pilot training, procurement agency, program administration, seoul south korea, south korea, submarines