Czech designs captivate Indians at expoMay 11th, 2011 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 11 (IANS) Showcasing a range of contemporary designs from exquisite crystal ware, porcelain to state-of-the-art automobiles, the “Czech Design Week” has got underway in Delhi and Mumbai in a bid to boost business and tourism between the two countries.
The May 9-17 exhibition has been organised on the occasion of the visit of Milan Stech, president of the senate of the Czech parliament, to India.
The event includes a number of programmes like business seminars in Delhi and Mumbai and an exhibition on Czech glass at the Lalit Kala Academy in the national capital.
“During the design week, we will introduce fresh and modern aspects of our country and promote the legendary Czech design and its famous products such as glass, jewellery, and car making industry,” Czech ambassador Miloslav Stasek said.
A design gala evening held Tuesday at the Czech embassy saw a fashion show by top fashion designer Libna Rochová, automotive design by Škoda Auto and glass design by prominent artists.
“This is an exceptional opportunity to strengthen our efforts in promoting the Czech Republic as a tourist destination in India,” said Radka Meumannova, director of Czech tourism in India.
According to officials, the project is aimed at introducing a new image of the Czech Republic in India and to promote legendary Czech designs and famous products.
“We wish to introduce, establish and strengthen the position of the famous Czech design trade brands in the Indian market and facilitate Czech designers’ future engagement with their Indian counterparts,” added Stasek.
According to embassy officials, around 25,000 Indian tourists visited the Czech Republic in 2010.
The number is expected to increase by 35 percent this year considering that country, especially Prague, has become one of the favourite destinations for Indians.
- India-Czech trade could touch $3 bn by 2015 - Apr 05, 2012
- India wants to share experiences with others: Patil - Aug 05, 2010
- Kerala Tourism wins prestigious award - Jan 22, 2011
- Vice President Ansari returns from Czech Republic tour - Jun 12, 2010
- 'Indian, Chinese tourists prefer Switzerland' - Jan 17, 2011
- Monaco promotes itself as destination for upper middle-class India - Nov 24, 2010
- With Wendell busy, Goa tourism scouts for designer to make uniforms - Jun 10, 2011
- US to issue 14 percent more visas for Indians - Jan 27, 2012
- Myanmar to introduce e-visa system - Feb 01, 2012
- Chandigarh to have tourism police - Jun 29, 2010
- Dominican president for deepening ties with India - Feb 04, 2011
- China woos Indian tourists - Aug 29, 2012
- Czech envoy hails development of Abu Dhabi - Sep 29, 2011
- 'Khushboo Gujarat Ki' aboard Metro's Airport Express - Mar 07, 2012
- Kardashians to launch eye wear line - Aug 12, 2012
Tags: automotive design, business seminars, crystal ware, czech embassy, czech parliament, czech tourism, embassy officials, exquisite crystal, fashion designer, gala evening, glass design, glass jewellery, indian counterparts, indian tourists, lalit kala academy, president of the senate, stasek, stech, tourism in india, trade brands