Curtin Singapore offers business courses for IndiansOctober 26th, 2010 - 12:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 26 (IANS) Curtin Singapore, a unit of Australia’s Curtin University, has launched three post-graduate business courses for Indian students in Singapore.
The programmes launched here Monday are master of international business, master of finance and graduate certificate in finance.
“Singapore is a very important strategic location in the global markets today and the banking and finance hub of Asian markets,” Curtin Singapore marketing and admissions director Jeremy Histon told IANS.
“It, therefore, makes sense to train the next business leaders in Singapore, give them a real-time experience of the markets and an opportunity to explore that market,” he added.
Histon said the Singapore market is not new to Curtin and it has had a presence there for the past 20 years.
“Curtin Australia is West Australia’s biggest university. We’ve had students from China, Indonesia, India, Singapore and Australia. Curtin Singapore will provide its students the experience of Curtin Australia but at a lower tuition fee,” he said.
Histon said he was confident that students at Curtin Singapore will obtain a greater number of internships with the best industries in the region.
“In the two years of Curtin Singapore’s existence, it has had quite a good response from the markets and aims to supply many more leaders to the market in the coming years,” he said.
- India grants scholarships to Sri Lankan students - Jan 19, 2012
- Indian students head for Canada to join research internships - Jul 12, 2010
- IGNOU launches five new courses on gender and development - Jun 21, 2011
- IGNOU opens admissions to courses on Gandhi - Jun 25, 2012
- IGNOU starts admissions for information security courses - Jun 18, 2012
- IGNOU announces admissions for 2011 session - Oct 20, 2010
- Britain announces 60 new scholarships for Indians - Mar 28, 2012
- Australian universities woo students from India - Jul 31, 2012
- Yale names IIM, Ahmedabad almunus to top post (With images) - Jun 18, 2012
- Indian student jailed in Australia in visa scam - Mar 27, 2012
- Australian academic asked foreign students for sex: Probe - Sep 02, 2010
- IGNOU launches course in food science and technology - Jun 30, 2011
- IDDCR joins hands with Temple University - Jul 08, 2011
- IGNOU opens admission for BBA course - Aug 10, 2012
- Opthamologists bemoan deterioration in the field - Sep 02, 2012
Tags: admissions director, asian markets, banking and finance, china indonesia, curtin university, finance hub, global markets, graduate business courses, graduate certificate, histon, india singapore, indian students, leaders in singapore, master of finance, post graduate, singapore market, strategic location, time experience, tuition fee, west australia