Cuba receives a million visitorsApril 6th, 2012 - 3:49 pm ICT by IANS
Havana, April 6 (IANS) The number of visitors to Cuba this year reached one million Thursday.
The largest number of visitors came from Canada, followed by Argentina,
Russia, Germany, France and Mexico respectively, the tourism ministry said in a statement.
It said it expects more tourists from these nations the next few months, reported Xinhua.
Cuba hopes to see an increase in the number of visitors this year from Colombia, Peru and the Netherlands.
Cuba saw a 4 percent increase in visitor arrivals in the first quarter of 2012 over the same period last year.
Cuba is expected to receive 2.9 million tourists in 2012.
- Almost half of Cuba's foreign visitors are Canadians - Apr 28, 2012
- Cuba welcomed over 2.7 mn tourists in 2011 - Jan 22, 2012
- Cuba says it already had over 2 million visitors this year, despite economic crisis - Oct 20, 2010
- Cuba to increase hotel capacity - May 10, 2012
- Cuba tourism revenues go up - Aug 10, 2011
- Cuba showcases cancer vaccines - Mar 06, 2012
- Mexico has 190 mn tourists in 2011 - Feb 14, 2012
- Tourist arrivals in Spain go up - Oct 25, 2011
- Cuba receives over 1.8 mn visitors - Aug 21, 2012
- Russia expects more tourists from India, China - Aug 24, 2011
- Mexico confident tourism sector will grow - Sep 20, 2012
- Cuban cancer vaccine to be tested in Britain - Nov 28, 2011
- UN votes 34 new members to international legal group - Nov 18, 2011
- Tourism to Sri Lanka is booming - Jul 20, 2012
- India leads foreign tourists in Sri Lanka (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012