CSES inks deal to build 2,000 MW power plant in BiharJuly 30th, 2008 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 30 (IANS) City-based power generation and transmission major CESC has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Bihar government for setting up of a 2,000 mega watt (MW) thermal power plant at an investment of Rs.100 billion in Bhagalpur, a top company official said here Wednesday. Company vice chairman Sanjiv Goenka said a 660-mw unit would be established in the first phase by 2012-13, and another two units of 660-MW each will be added in the second phase. The expense for the first phase would be Rs.32.5 billion.
“We began the initiative six months back by opening a new power company, Nalanda Power Company, which is a 100 percent subsidiary of CESC,” Goenka told reporters after the company’s annual general meeting.
Asked about coal resources, he said: “We have applied for captive as also linkages. We are still not sure what will be sanctioned. The minister of state for coal (Santosh Bagrodia) has assured us there will be no problem about the supplies.”
The plant would supply power mainly to state capital Patna, which has a peak demand of 360 MW. “So, we want to take the distribution rights for Patna,” he said.
The project, spread over 400 acres, will be funded through a 70:30 debt-equity ratio. The equity would come through internal accruals.
On the company’s proposed 2,000 MW power project in Haldia of East Midnapore district, of West Bengal, Goenka said the CESC was now in possession of 241 acres.
About 334 acres were needed in the first phase. “We are awaiting environmental clearance, and hope to get it soon”.
For the Haldia project, the CESC has finalised a 3-million-ton annual coal linkage with Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd There will be three 200-MW units in the first phase at an investment of Rs.25 billion.
The second phase would be completed by the second quarter of 2011-12, he added.
- Shanghai Electric to supply equipment for Haldia plant - Sep 15, 2011
- CESC's Haldia thermal power project by 2013-14 - Jul 29, 2011
- CESC net up 137 percent in Q4 backed by tariff hike - May 08, 2012
- CESC plans to raise Rs.1,200 crore in equity - Dec 07, 2010
- CESC gears up to handle 3,000 MW distribution capacity - Jul 27, 2012
- Shanghai Electric, Punj Lloyd bag CESC projects - Feb 10, 2011
- CESC posts Rs.126 crore net profit in quarter two - Oct 29, 2009
- CESC sees 11 percent rise in profit before tax - Feb 10, 2011
- India's JSW Energy to set up power plant in South Africa - Feb 14, 2012
- GVK Energy to set up two thermal power plants in Andhra - Jan 13, 2012
- CESC to import coal from South African mine from 2014 - Apr 29, 2011
- CESC to set up its first hydropower unit - Dec 07, 2010
- Haldia Energy to raise Rs.1,000 crore - Nov 03, 2010
- CESC revives Balagarh power project in West Bengal - Apr 29, 2010
- IPCL, DPSC to invest Rs.26,450 crore in power - Jul 20, 2011