Cryolor to set up gas container plant near ChennaiApril 22nd, 2009 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 22 (IANS) France’s Cryolor SA, part of the $17-billion Air Liquide group, will set up a cryogenic gas storage equipment plant near here, a top official said Wednesday.
Cryolor Asia Pacific, the Indian arm of Cryolor SA, will manufacture storage equipment for liquefied gases such as liquid oxygen, nitrogen and liquefied natural gas, company managing director Ravin Mirchandani told reporters here.
“The investment during the first phase, expected to be completed by 2010, will be Rs.45 crore. In the second phase, planned couple of years later, the company will manufacture complimentary range of products like larger storage tanks and transportation equipment,” he added.
According to Mirchandani, Cryolor has been selling its products in India for the past 19 years.
He said the Chennai facility would also ship out products to the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
- French major all set to enter Indian gas sector - May 19, 2011
- BOC India to invest Rs 5.4 bn for plants in Odisha - Jul 17, 2012
- JSPL begins commercial production at Odisha plant - Aug 28, 2012
- Natural gas to power HLL Lifecare factories - Jul 07, 2011
- Wipro ties up for aerospace component unit - May 25, 2011
- B/E Aerospace opens engineering services unit in Hyderabad - Feb 29, 2012
- JK Tyre actively looking for rubber plantation overseas - Jul 30, 2012
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor ships cars to South Africa - Apr 04, 2012
- Dodsal, AEM to set up $150 mn manufacturing plant in India - Apr 13, 2011
- Newly process can remove sulfur components and CO2 from power plant emissions - Aug 19, 2009
- BrahMos Aerospace to make cryogenic engines for Indian rockets - Jan 30, 2011
- Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises - Jun 25, 2012
- BOC India posts Rs.23.83 crore net profit - Apr 21, 2010
- Caterpillar to expand Indian operations investing $212 million - Dec 01, 2011
Tags: 19 years, air liquide group, asia pacific, chennai, complimentary range, container plant, crore, gas container, gas storage, gases, indian arm, liquefied natural gas, liquid oxygen, managing director, nitrogen, second phase, southeast asia, storage equipment, storage tanks, transportation equipment