Create IT friendly climate in UP, Akhilesh tells officialsMarch 26th, 2012 - 11:37 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 26 (IANS) Keeping up with his promise to promote Information Technology (IT) in the state, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday directed his officials to make a long term policy for introduction of IT in education.
Chairing a high-level meeting here, Akhilesh Yadav said that under the Samajwadi Party (SP) government, all out efforts should be made to ensure that a “climate was created in favour of IT, Computer Hardware and Electronics industries”.
The chief minister laid specific stress on establishing IT industry and BPOs in Agra and Lucknow.
Pointing out how this sector had “immense potential and employment opportunities”, the 38-year-old chief minister, himself a marine engineer from Sydney, said that the government should strive to create employment avenues for the rural and urban youth by promoting the IT industry in the state.
In rural areas also, the chief minister said, e-facilities should be introduced on the public-private-partnership (PPP) model and centres of learning created for a wider reach.
- Agra-Lucknow Expressway to be eco-friendly - Apr 04, 2012
- UP mulls metro, mono rail in big cities - Mar 24, 2012
- Akhilesh wants to bring Lucknow, Delhi closer - Mar 21, 2012
- Delhi-Agra run cut by half as Yamuna Expressway opens (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Akhilesh wants faster work on Agra international airport - Apr 19, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway opens, cutting Delhi-Agra run to 150 minutes - Aug 09, 2012
- Agra inner ring road project to be restarted - Aug 29, 2012
- UP to ask NID to design packs for milk products - Mar 27, 2012
- Bureaucracy holding up Agra's air connectivity? - Aug 30, 2012
- Akhilesh promises a new Agra - Jun 19, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav's wife to contest Kannauj by-election (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Akhilesh moots extension of Yamuna Expressway to Lucknow (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav to speed up Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor - Aug 11, 2012
- Jaypee's expressway to Taj cuts run from Delhi to 150 minutes (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- PGCIL to develop UP towns as 'smart-grid' cities - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: agra, avenues, bpos, chief minister, climate, computer hardware, education, electronics industries, employment opportunities, favour, information technology, marine engineer, public private partnership, rural areas, Samajwadi Party, stress, sydney, urban youth, yadav