Cranes Software’s Q2 revenue up 38 pcNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:51 am ICT by admin
“Although so much is being written about the sub prime woes and speculative economic slowdown in the United States, the business of data analytics and engineering simulation is increasingly becoming the oxygen for other industries to rely on, not only to differentiate themselves but also capture maximum market share by judiciously utilizing the abundant information available to support business decisions. In this regard, Cranes is cementing its presence across the globe with high focus on the European and American markets. Going forward, we expect to continue growing at a robust pace thereby evolving into a global top tier analytics driven Products and Solutions Company,” he added.
Cranes second quarter performance review:
Corresponding quarter comparison:
Q2 FY08 (July - September 2007) v/s Q2 FY07 (July - September 2006)
– Total income increased by 38 per cent from Rs. 666.8 million to Rs. 917.3 million in the current quarter..) Overseas revenues were up 29 per cent at Rs. 746.3 million and constitute 81per cent of total revenues..) Domestic revenues rose 34 per cent from Rs. 119.3 million to Rs. 159.7 million in the current quarter.
– Operating profit improved by 37 per cent to Rs. 507.1 million compared to Rs. 368.9 million in the previous corresponding quarter. Operating margins remained stable at 55 per cent .
– Net profit after tax grew by 30 per cent to Rs. 272.7 million translating into diluted EPS of Rs. 2.14 as against Rs. 1.74 reported during the same period last year.
Sequential quarter comparison:
Q2 FY08 (July - September 2007) v/s Q1 FY08 (April - June 2007)
– Total Revenues increased 9 per cent from Rs. 840.7 million..) Overseas revenues expanded by 1 per cent q-o-q from Rs. 673.6 million to Rs. 746.3 million .) Domestic revenues remained almost flat at about Rs. 160 million.
– Operating profit increased by 14 per cent from Rs. 444.7 million. Operating margins were higher from 53 per cent in Q1 FY08 to 55 per cent in the current quarter.
* Net profit after tax (prior to adjustments) was up 11 per cent from Rs. 246 million. Accordingly, diluted EPS increased from Rs. 1.84 in Q1 FY08 to Rs. 2.14 in the quarter under review. (ANI)
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Infosys profits from weak rupee, lowers dollar guidance (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Infosys beats guidance but stock dips on muted earnings - Jul 12, 2011
- infosys revenue guidance dips on negative growth (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Infosys lowers guidance for fiscal 2013 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Infosys beats guidance, revises outlook again - Oct 12, 2011
- Wage hike dips Wipro net, projects flat growth - Jul 20, 2011
- MindTree net zooms 135 percent in second quarter - Oct 17, 2011
- Wipro net up for quarter, fiscal; sees flat IT growth (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Infosys ups revenue forecast on greater demand for services (Lead) - Jul 13, 2010
- Wipro sees higher IT revenue in Q3 on strong growth - Oct 22, 2010
- Infosys posts net profit of over Rs.17 bn in Q2 - Oct 15, 2010
- Sonata Software net dips 64 percent in second quarter - Nov 04, 2011
- Jet Airway's posts Rs.123.2 crore net loss in Q1 - Jul 22, 2011
Tags: american markets, analytics, clientele, cranes, domestic revenues, driven products, economic slowdown, financial performance, judiciously, khader, maximum market, product launches, q2, quarter comparison, quarter performance, results announcement, second quarter, software international limited, solutions company, support business decisions