CPI-ML’s anti-corruption strike affects passengersAugust 27th, 2011 - 12:44 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 27 (IANS) Train services were hit in Bihar Saturday affecting several passengers during a strike called by the youth wings of the Communist Party of India-Marxist Leninist (CPI-ML) demanding a strong anti-corruption bill.
Hundreds of students of the All India Students Association (AISA) and Inquilabi Naujawan Sabha (INS) stopped nearly a dozen long-distance trains in Patna, Ara, Gaya, Jehanabad, Hajipur, Bhagalpur and Darbhanga railway stations as part of their shutdown.
“Train services have been badly disrupted due to the shutdown since Saturday morning, leaving hundreds of people stranded at railway stations,” a railway official told IANS over phone.
Supporters blocked important roads including the national highway and state highway at various places, police said.
AISA, INS and All India Progressive Women’s Association (the women wing of CPI-ML) also held a demonstration.
They held placards, posters and banners and shouted slogans demanding a strong Lokpal bill to end corruption.
- Strike disrupts normal life in Bihar - May 10, 2012
- Train traffic disrupted, shops closed in Bihar (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Shutdown near total in Bihar (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Shutdown hits trains and road traffic in Bihar - Sep 20, 2012
- CPI-ML strike hits Bihar (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Train traffic disrupted, shops closed in Bihar - May 31, 2012
- Strike evokes a near total response in Bihar (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2010
- Train, road services hit during Bihar strike (Lead) - Jul 10, 2010
- Strike evokes near total response in Bihar (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Rail, road services hit in Bihar amid shutdown (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Lalu, Rabri, Paswan held; shutdown evokes total response (Third Lead) - Jan 28, 2010
- Slogans, songs in Bihar jails to remember Charu Mazumdar - Jul 30, 2010
- Lalu, Rabri held; shutdown evokes total response (Second Lead) - Jan 28, 2010
- Bihar fears revenge attack after Ranvir Sena chief's killing - Jun 07, 2012
- CPI-ML attacks Nitish government on corruption - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: aisa, bhagalpur, bihar, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, corruption, CPI, darbhanga, gaya, india students association, ins, jehanabad, marxist leninist, progressive women, railway official, railway stations, sabha, saturday morning, slogans, train services