Cowell miffed by lyricist who took Leona Lewis song to BeyonceNovember 5th, 2008 - 5:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, November 5 (ANI): X Factor supremo Simon Cowell was annoyed when the lyricist he had lined up for Leona Lewis comeback single took the song to Beyonce.
Cowell wanted Bleeding Love writer Ryan Tedder to write for Leona.
They had agreed that the song Halo would be Leonas.
However, Leona was so busy that she could not record it at the moment.
Ryan kept waiting and got fed up, and finally took the song to Beyonce.
Simon is miffed about this as he really wanted Halo for Leona. Ryan has proved hes got the magic touch Bleeding Love was a massive global hit, the Sun quoted an insider as saying.
But Leonas diary is so rammed it didnt look like she could record it until next year.
Ryan didnt want to hang around, so he gave it to Beyonce.
Its a shame, but Im sure Leona will work with Ryan again. Shes got a long career ahead of her, the source added.
A spokeswoman for Sony BMG said: Unfortunately Leonas schedule didnt enable her to record this track. (ANI)
- Kelly Clarkson's New Song Is "Almost Gone" - Jul 29, 2009
- Jesse McCartney, Ryan Tedder bag Song Of The Year gong - Apr 23, 2009
- Simon Cowell earns $208,230 a day - Apr 14, 2011
- Singer Leona accused of plagiarism - Jul 17, 2011
- Beyonce to bounce back with two albums - Feb 17, 2012
- Ryan Seacrest Says J-Lo Will Be 'Idol's' New "Mean Judge" - Jan 07, 2011
- Clarkson goes all-out against record co. - Jul 30, 2009
- Leona Lewis taken to court over new single 'Collide' - Aug 05, 2011
- Kelly Clarkson unhappy with new single release - Jul 29, 2009
- Cowell wanted to keep Paula Abdul - Feb 09, 2012
- Demi Lovato is irritating: Simon Cowell - Jul 24, 2012
- X Factor Season Premiere: 2nd Night Begins With a Bomb - Sep 23, 2011
- Oprah gets special farewell from Tom Cruise, Beyonce - May 18, 2011
- Beyonce pays tribute to Houston - May 27, 2012
- X Factor Season Premiere: Stacy Francis - Sep 22, 2011