Court sets aside land acquisition in Greater NoidaMay 30th, 2011 - 10:50 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 30 (IANS) The Allahabad High Court Monday set aside the acquisition of 157 acres of land by the Uttar Pradesh government for industrial development in Greater Noida.
The order came on a batch of 58 writ petitions clubbed together by the court.
A division bench comprising Justice Sunil Ambwani and Justice Kashi Nath Pandey set aside the government’s acquisition in 2008.
The land in question lies in Gulistanpur village in Dadri Tehsil, barely 30 km from Bhatta-Parsaul village in Greater Noida that has been in the eye of a storm over acquisition of land for the Yamuna Expressway.
While challenging the 2008 acquisition, the petitioners alleged that far from being used for the purpose for which the land was acquired, the entire chunk of land was being passed on to some builders.
The petitioners also claimed that the objections raised by them in response to the acquisition notification were ignored by the state authorities.
- Withdraw cases against Bhatta farmers: Rajnath to Akhilesh - May 08, 2012
- High court strikes down land acquisition in Greater Noida - May 12, 2011
- Rights panel finalises Bhatta-Parsaul report - Jul 05, 2011
- High court quashes Greater Noida land acquisition (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Supreme Court quashes land acquisition in Greater Noida - Jul 07, 2011
- Weapon 'robbed' by Tewatia recovered - Jul 10, 2011
- Supreme Court declines to hear Bhatta-Parsaul probe plea (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- From Bhatta-Parsaul, Rahul leads campaign against Mayawati (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2011
- Bhatta-Parsaul report still in process: NHRC - Jun 23, 2011
- Bhatta-Parsaul 'rape': Panel warns Uttar Pradesh - Oct 24, 2011
- High court quashes Greater Noida land acquisition - Jul 19, 2011
- From Bhatta Parsaul, Rahul takes forward campaign against Mayawati (Intro Roundup) - Jul 05, 2011
- Mayawati slams opposition, says Rahul is helpless - May 12, 2011
- Rahul plans to address Bhatta-Parsaul farmers - Jun 30, 2011
- Land protests: Reward announced for five farmer leaders - May 09, 2011
Tags: acquisition notification, allahabad high court, chunk, division bench, eye of a storm, greater noida, kashi, land acquisition, nath, objections, petitioners, state authorities, sunil, tehsil, uttar pradesh government, writ petitions