Court seeks Unitech Wireless reply on Telenor pleaJune 20th, 2012 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 20 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday sought a response from Unitech Wireless on a plea filed by its joint venture partner in India, Telenor, that challenged the order of the Company Law Board (CLB) over their disputes.
The CLB directed both the companies to settle their differences over control and transfer of their assets through arbitration.
Justice Manmohan Singh directed Unitech Wireless to file a short affidavit within three weeks on the “maintainability” of the plea and posted the matter for July 18, the next date of hearing.
“File a short affidavit on the maintainability within three weeks,” the court said.
The court’s order came on a plea filed by Norwegian telecom company Telenor challenging the April 12 order of the CLB.
Telenor’s petition sought the quashing of the order of the CLB and asked the court “to issue an appropriate writ directing the CLB to adjudicate on the matter in a time-bound manner….”
Senior counsel Rakesh Tiku, appearing for Telenor, said that his client was incurring an expenditure of around Rs.500 crore per month for India operation, apart from the Rs.15,000 crore it had already invested in the joint venture company.
The Norwegian company holds 67.25 stake in the joint venture company.
The dispute between the two companies escalated after the Supreme Court in February scrapped 122 2G licences allotted during the tenure of former telecom minister A. Raja. The quashed licences include the 22 allotted to Uninor.
- Court modifies CLB order on Unitech auction - Aug 06, 2012
- Telenor-Unitech case referred to international arbitration - Apr 12, 2012
- Curbs on Uninor sale: Court notice to Unitech - Aug 21, 2012
- Company Law Board suggests mediation to Telenor, Unitech - Mar 01, 2012
- Company Law Board stays Uninor's proposed asset auction - Aug 03, 2012
- Telenor, Unitech move Company Law Board to protect interests (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Telenor in talks with domestic firms to continue India service - Apr 20, 2012
- Income tax department attaches Unitech shares in Uninor - Mar 28, 2012
- Telenor confident of roping in new partner before auction - May 31, 2012
- Uninor moves Delhi High Court against CLB order - Aug 14, 2012
- Uninor to file interim application in Supreme Court - May 01, 2012
- Uninor to auction business and assets - Aug 01, 2012
- Operators relieved as service closure deadline extended - Apr 24, 2012
- Company Law Board restricts Uninor from auctioning assets - Aug 09, 2012
- Telenor moves company law board to protect India investment - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: affidavit, arbitration, clb, crore, delhi high court, joint venture company, maintainability, manmohan, manmohan singh, norwegian company, norwegian telecom, plea, raja, rs 500, senior counsel, telecom company, tiku, unitech, venture partner, writ