Court restrains Emami from airing oil ad on TVJune 18th, 2012 - 10:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 18 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Monday restrained ayurvedic oil maker Emami Ltd. from airing a TV commercial of its “Navratan” oil featuring Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan.
The order was issued on the plea of another oil manufacturer G.K. Burman Herbal (India) Pvt Ltd. alleging that Emami’s commercial degraded its product.
Justice Manmohan Singh in an ex-parte interim order directed Emami to stop all forms of the TV commercial.
Burman Herbal sought permanent injunction on “circulating, distributing, telecasting, broadcasting and advertising” any material defaming or maligning its product.
The petitioner alleged that Emami “knowingly and fraudulently” made the advertisement to harm the goodwill and reputation which they earned in the last 25 years.
“The sole motive of Emami is to drive out healthy competition from the market and to make illegal and unlawful gains,” alleged the petitioner.
- High court reserves order on Air India pilots - May 16, 2012
- HLL Lifecare launches herbal products - Dec 22, 2011
- Media houses restrained from publishing Singhvi CD - Apr 16, 2012
- Court rejects Tata's plea on Singur land (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- SC moved against Kudankulam plant - Sep 11, 2012
- Curb deceptive marketing gigs: Court - Jun 20, 2011
- Court restrains Star India's cookery shows - Dec 24, 2011
- Court restrains airing of CD 'featuring' Singhvi - Apr 19, 2012
- Sensationalism, says Singhvi as CD goes viral on web - Apr 21, 2012
- Tata moves Supreme Court on Singur land - Jun 28, 2011
- Court stays republishing of article against NDTV - Dec 09, 2011
- Singhvi blames 'organised gang' as CD goes viral on web (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- SC moved against Kudankulam plant (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- No EU blanket ban on ayurvedic medicines: Azad - Aug 02, 2011
- Payment to Kalaignar TV was for advertisements: India Cements - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: advertisement, amitabh bachchan, burman, delhi high court, goodwill, india pvt ltd, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, permanent injunction, petitioner, plea, reputation, sole motive, star amitabh bachchan