Court reserves order on chopper firm’s pleaMay 29th, 2012 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 29 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Tuesday reserved its verdict on a plea of Global Vectra Helicorp, the aviation arm of the Ravi Rishi-led Vectra Group, challenging the aviation regulator’s decision to suspend its permit to fly choppers.
Justice Vipin Sanghi reserved the verdict after counsel appearing for Global Vectra, Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and the union home ministry concluded their arguments.
The DGCA May 7 suspended the firm’s operating permit after the home ministry raised security concerns. The government has also withdrew the security clearance of Ravi Rishi.
The Central Bureau of Investigation is currently probing the alleged role of Rishi, London-based Vectra Group’s chairperson, in connection with the multi-crore-rupee deal for the heavy-duty all-terrain Tatra trucks for the army and the bribery allegations made by army chief Gen. V.K. Singh.
- Court reserves order on chopper firm's plea (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Court stays aviation regulator's curbs on chopper firm - Jun 11, 2012
- Notice to DGCA, home ministry on chopper firm's plea - May 09, 2012
- Government queried on revoking Vectra choppers' licence - May 16, 2012
- Ravi Rishi's chopper firm challenges permit suspension - May 08, 2012
- Chopper firm's director moves court over curbs - May 24, 2012
- DGCA challenges Delhi HC order in Global Vectra case - Sep 19, 2012
- Global Vectra probe to be over in three weeks, court told - May 18, 2012
- Court seeks report from home ministry, DGCA on Vectra - May 25, 2012
- Operations permit of Global Vectra Helicorp suspended - May 07, 2012
- Security clearance of Global Vectra helicorp cancelled - May 04, 2012
- Tatra scam: CBI grills Tejinder for 6 hours (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- CBI questions Vectra chief (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Apex court asks CBI to reply Vectra chief's plea - Jul 30, 2012
- Apex court asks CBI to reply to Vectra chief's plea (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: army chief, bribery allegations, central bureau of investigation, chairperson, chopper, civil aviation, court reserves, crore, delhi high court, dgca, directorate general, heavy duty, New Delhi, plea, ravi, rupee, security clearance, security concerns, union home ministry, vectra