Court rejects villagers’ plea against Gujarat projectJune 23rd, 2011 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, June 23 (IANS) The Gujarat High Court has dismissed petitions by Kutch district villagers challenging the allotment of 1,000 acre land to Adani Group for its Mundra Special Economic Zone (SEZ).
The division bench of Chief Justice S.J. Mukhopadhaya and Justice Akil Kureshi, in an order made available Thursday, said insofar as the challenge of the petitioners to the allotment of gauchar (grazing) land of Zarapara village “to the company is concerned, the same fails”.
The court recommended to the state government to examine if it could allot around 1,000 acre of wasteland to Zarpara panchayat as grazing land.
If such government wasteland was not available, the premium collected from Adani Group could be placed at the disposal of the panchayat for acquisition of grazing land, the court suggested.
The petitioners called the land allotment as illegal and arbitrary, claiming it disturbed the cattle and grazing land ratio in the village.
The state government said the land was taken back following proper procedure and with the consent of the self-governance body concerned.
- Court serves notice to Kutch port over grazing land - Feb 11, 2011
- Court serves notice to power grid on Kutch creek towers - Feb 11, 2011
- Notice to central government on Adani Power Ltd petition - May 10, 2011
- Gujarat court clears decks for Nirma cement plant - Sep 27, 2010
- Gujarat questioned on rights of displaced villagers - Feb 03, 2011
- Plea to quiz Modi over riots to come up April 22 - Mar 21, 2011
- High court pulls up Gujarat jail authorities - Mar 15, 2011
- Review of plea against Nirma plant after apex court ruling - Jul 01, 2010
- Court doubts Gujarat scheme on bar-coded ration cards - Sep 06, 2010
- Gujarat warned on delay in labour court judges' pay hike - Dec 28, 2010
- Nirma proposes to give land to break cement plant deadlock - Apr 01, 2010
- Court questions government on Gujarat farmers' green concern - Jul 28, 2010
- Court dismisses PIL on Bangladeshi illegal immigrants - Apr 22, 2011
- Court asks Tata Sky, others to pay tax to Gujarat - Jan 03, 2011
- Court summons senior Gujarat officials in housing fraud - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: acre land, akil, cattle, chief justice, division bench, governance body, grazing land, gujarat high court, gujarat project, june 23, kureshi, land allotment, panchayat, petitioners, petitions, plea, self governance, special economic zone, state government, wasteland