Court pulls up DDA over delay in allotting plots (Lead)August 17th, 2011 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday pulled up the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) for an over 30-year delay in allotting plots to around 25,000 applicants in a housing scheme.
The court was hearing a bunch of petitions filed by applicants of north Delhi’s Rohini Residential Scheme, 1981.
“It is pathetic to hear that some of the applicants have even died,” a division bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice Sanjiv Khanna said, adding that the vice chairman of DDA will have to take the responsibility.
“You file an affidavit about your layout plan and specify the reasons as to why they have not got their plots during last three decades,” the court said, asking the DDA to file its response within three weeks.
The court came down heavily on the housing agency saying that the DDA was only making verbal assurances but had not proceeded in making any layout plan.
“We are not at all satisfied with the submission made by the DDA,” said the court.
The court asked the authority if it was right to say that it took two-and-half years just to clear a layout plan.
“You sit on your drawing board and fetch your plan by Sep 7, the next date of hearing in the case,” said the bench.
Earlier, the bench questioned as to how the DDA could undertake various other housing projects, carry out draw of lots and even hand over many flats to cooperative group housing societies in Rohini after 1981.
“Shouldn’t these people on waiting list have been given priority,” the bench asked.
- Rohini plots to be allotted by 2013, DDA tells court (Lead) - Sep 13, 2011
- Give Rohini plots to blast victims on priority: Court (Lead) - Sep 14, 2011
- Complete Rohini plot demarcation by Oct 30, court tells DDA - Sep 23, 2011
- Court tells DDA to allot house plots in Rohini - Mar 14, 2012
- Rehabilitate students of demolished school: Court (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Refund flat booking amount to widow, court tells DDA - Jan 20, 2011
- Land reclaimed after mosque demolition, DDA tells court (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Court asks government for relief to blast victims (Lead) - Sep 14, 2011
- 'Premature' plea against RIL's exploration licence rejected (Lead) - Sep 05, 2011
- What is being done to decriminalise suicide: Court - May 11, 2011
- Court pulls up government on labour welfare - Feb 23, 2011
- Court orders DDA to allot plots in Rohini scheme - Dec 16, 2009
- Court orders basic facilities at shelter within 48 hours - Feb 02, 2011
- Court reserves decision on new power tariff in Delhi - Mar 08, 2011
- Court questions government on plea against Amod Kanth - Jun 03, 2011
Tags: affidavit, chief justice, cooperative group, delhi development authority, delhi development authority dda, delhi high court, dipak, division bench, drawing board, housing agency, housing projects, housing scheme, last three decades, layout plan, misra, north delhi, petitions, sanjiv, vice chairman, waiting list