Court notice on development fee for air passengersMay 13th, 2009 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) Delhi High Court Wednesday asked the government and the Airports Authority of India (AAI) to explain why every air passenger at the airport here was forced to pay development fee.
The court was hearing a public interest petition by the Resources of Aviation Redressal Association, which has sought a stay on charging development fees from the passengers.
A division bench headed by Chief Justice Ajit Prakash Shah and Justice Neeraj Kishan Kaul asked the government and AAI to file their replies by July 8, the next date of hearing.
In March, the government asked all airlines flying out of Delhi to collect development fee from the passengers while issuing air tickets, and not when they are checking in at the airport.
The development fee is then remitted to Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL), the developer of the Indira Gandhi International Airport here.
The government had allowed DIAL to charge Rs.200 from every domestic passengers and Rs.1,300 from each of those going abroad as access development charges from March 1.
The petitioner pleaded before the court that these charges are illegal and unconstitutional as the airport is still not ready.
- Apex court queries Delhi airport development fee - Aug 21, 2012
- No airport development fee for Delhi, Mumbai: Supreme Court (Lead) - Apr 26, 2011
- Relief for Delhi fliers as court stays airport fee - Jun 02, 2011
- Supreme Court quashes airport development fee for Delhi, Mumbai (Second Lead) - Apr 26, 2011
- Development fee at Delhi, Mumbai airports under review: Ravi - Mar 09, 2011
- Delhi airport got Rs.1,199 crore in development fee - Feb 24, 2011
- Government refutes loss claims over Delhi airport (Roundup) - Aug 17, 2012
- Passengers to pay airport development fee, rules high court - Aug 26, 2009
- DGSCL files contempt petition against NHAI - Mar 27, 2012
- Delhi HC quashes PIL against airport development fee - Aug 26, 2009
- Passengers to pay airport development fee: Delhi High Court - Aug 26, 2009
- DIAL to again charge development fee at IGI airport - Nov 16, 2011
- Airlines challenge Delhi airport tariff hike - Jul 03, 2012
- Delhi sets up panel to check waterlogging - Sep 05, 2012
- British Airways to revisit India play after airport charges hike - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: access development, air passengers, air tickets, airports authority of india, airports authority of india aai, ajit, charge rs, delhi high court, delhi international, development charges, division bench, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, international airport ltd, kaul, kishan, neeraj, prakash shah, public interest petition, rs 200