Court extends retirement scheme for AAI employeesApril 30th, 2009 - 9:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 30 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Thursday extended by three months the deadline for a voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) for Airports Authority of India (AAI) employees.
Justice S. Ravindra Bhat extended the deadline, which was to expire Thursday, to enable the employees to make a choice.
The court’s direction came on a petition of the AAI Employees Union which challenged an agreement under which the employees were being transferred to different zones.
Of the 4,000-odd AAI employees at Delhi and Mumbai, around 3,000 have declined to join the GMR-led Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) and the GVK-led Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL), which are operating the two airports after they were privatised in 2006, as job security was not guaranteed to them by the private operators.
About 1,000 employees at these airports have either taken VRS or accepted transfer.
The union contended that the transfers were not allowed under the Airports Authority of India Act.
- Apex court hears airport workers' plea against mass transfer - Apr 30, 2009
- Apex court approves Mumbai and Delhi airport workers' transfer (Lead) - May 01, 2009
- Mumbai flights will continue: Kingfisher - Dec 01, 2011
- Air India pays part of dues, gets accounts defreezed - Dec 08, 2011
- Mumbai airport gets tough with Kingfisher over pending dues - Dec 02, 2011
- Development fee at Delhi, Mumbai airports under review: Ravi - Mar 09, 2011
- SC dismisses plea on Delhi, Mumbai airports - Sep 10, 2012
- Government refutes loss claims over Delhi airport (Roundup) - Aug 17, 2012
- Delhi airport got Rs.1,199 crore in development fee - Feb 24, 2011
- Mumbai airport ranked third for 'service quality' - Feb 16, 2012
- Hyderabad airport handled 8.6 million passengers last year - Apr 12, 2012
- Flyers may have to pay more for using Delhi airport - Feb 16, 2011
- Terminal 3 to welcome domestic flights from Oct 30 - Oct 18, 2010
- Relief for Delhi fliers as court stays airport fee - Jun 02, 2011
- Delhi, Mumbai airport staff to be reduced - Mar 04, 2009
Tags: airports authority of india, airports authority of india aai, bhat, delhi high court, delhi international, gmr, gvk, india act, job security, mial, mumbai, New Delhi, petition, private operators, ravindra, three months, voluntary retirement scheme, vrs