Court appoints provisional liquidator for Dunlop IndiaMarch 26th, 2012 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 26 (IANS) The Calcutta High Court Monday ordered the appointment of a provisional liquidator to look after the administration of tyre-maker Dunlop India Limited.
The order was given while hearing petitions brought by unsecured creditors of the company, headed by Pawan Ruia.
“The company has been transferring its assets and also there is pilferage going on… If the assets continue to be lost, how will the unsecured creditors will recover their debt.
The court of Justice Sanjib Banerjee after listening to our plea, ordered the appointment of a provisional liquidator who would manage the affairs of the company till the pendency of the case,” lawyer Sumit Das, appearing for the petitioners, told IANS.
The petitioners also claimed that at a time when the company is liable to pay dues of crores of rupees to its creditors, it has put up an advertisement for selling its properties worth Rs.500 crore at Worli in Mumbai.
The unsecured creditors have filed a number of petitions before the high court seeking liquidation of the company.
Meanwhile, Dunlop said it will appeal the high court order.
“We will surely appeal against the order at a higher forum,” company spokesman D. Nandi said.
“During the hearing the West Bengal government said that it doesn’t want the company to go into liquidation and will provide all help to ensure. This is heartening news for us,” he added.
- Dunlop India appeals against liquidator's appointment - Mar 29, 2012
- 'Want to reopen closed Bengal unit: Dunlop India tells court' - Apr 03, 2012
- 'Clarify timeframe on worker deployment at Sahaganj' - Apr 10, 2012
- Dunlop board allots shares to convert loan into equity - Apr 29, 2012
- Court upholds primacy of secured creditor in dues' recovery - Sep 29, 2010
- Dunlop assessing feasibility of acquiring Korean SsangYog - Jun 15, 2010
- Dunlop says all its shares can now be traded - Jun 01, 2010
- Apex court notice to SEBI on Sahara companies' plea - Nov 28, 2011
- Provident fund, gratuity cannot be attached, rules court - Feb 12, 2011
- Work suspended at Dunlop factory in Bengal - Apr 04, 2011
- Court seeks report on 'pilferage' from Tata's Singur plant - Jun 23, 2011
- Court approves Essar bulk terminal's equity buyback offer - May 09, 2011
- Dunlop to withdraw lay-off notice at Bengal plant - Apr 05, 2011
- Supreme Court decries abuse of court process by criminals - Apr 01, 2012
- Apex court restores Bihar MP's Lok Sabha membership (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: banerjee, calcutta high court, company spokesman, crore, crores, dunlop india, forum company, heartening news, kolkata, nandi, pawan, pendency, petitioners, pilferage, provisional liquidator, rupees, sanjib, unsecured creditors, west bengal government, worli