Court allows Raja, Kanimozhi to vote in presidential pollJuly 18th, 2012 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 18 (IANS) A Delhi court Wednesday allowed 2G case accused former telecom minister A. Raja and DMK MP Kanimozhi to cast their vote in the presidential poll Thursday.
Central Bureau of Investigation Special Judge O.P. Saini granted Raja and Kanimozhi exemption from personal appearance in court Thursday, allowing them to vote in the election to the high post.
Raja and Kanimozhi had sought exemption saying that being MPs their participation in the poll was necessary.
According to the government auditor, Raja was biased while distributing second generation (2G) mobile airwaves and operating licences to telecom firms, causing a loss of up to Rs.1.76 lakh crore in lost revenues to the treasury.
The two MPs are among the 19 individuals and six companies accused in two separate cases related to the allotment of 2G spectrum.
- Kanimozhi allowed to attend father's birthday bash June 3 - May 31, 2012
- Court allows Kanimozhi to attend agitation in Tamil Nadu - Jul 03, 2012
- Court allows Kanimozhi to attend budget session (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- 2G: Court allows Behura to appear before JPC - Mar 30, 2012
- 2G case: CBI to file more documents (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Raja wrote to PM on 2G policy: Witness - Sep 12, 2012
- 2G: Court defers hearing on Swamy's plea - Mar 17, 2012
- 2G case: Ex-official denies deposing falsely - Sep 11, 2012
- 2G: Arguments on charges against Essar, Loop Thursday - May 02, 2012
- No threat to support CBI's 2G case: Raja's ex-aide (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- 2G: Court allows Morani to attend IPL-5 opening - Mar 30, 2012
- 2G scam: Balwa objects to judge's intervention - Mar 20, 2012
- TRAI had no information about spectrum, court told - Mar 22, 2012
- Loop, Essar promoters move bail pleas in 2G case (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- 2G: Ravi Ruia, three others appear before court - Mar 31, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,