Court allows Blueline buses to ply in south DelhiOctober 29th, 2010 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 29 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Friday said the government notification to phase out Blueline buses from the capital by Dec 14 will not apply to buses plying in south Delhi.
Justice Indermit Kaur said the court’s previous order in March allowing Blueline operators to ply will continue till further orders, and the Delhi government’s Oct 27 notification will not apply to cluster one.
The government last year announced an ambitious cluster bus service scheme under which corporate entities were proposed to be given certain routes in the city on the pattern of Paris and London.
Cluster one, comprising 32 routes, was to have around 270 Blueline buses.
About 1,600 privately owned Blueline buses, including 264 which run in cluster one and marked to be removed from Delhi’s roads, were banished in the run up to the Commonwealth Games held this month.
The court was hearing a petition by south Delhi Blueline bus operators alleging that the government had failed to procure the requisite number of new low-floor buses and decided unreasonably to axe the 2,400 buses.
The operators said their bus service was not restored even after the Commonwealth Games ended Oct 14 and the government had come out with a new notification for complete phase-out of the buses.
- Court backs government on phasing out Blueline buses - Nov 01, 2010
- Court allows Bluelines in south Delhi, government firm on phase-out - Oct 29, 2010
- Contracts signed for four more bus clusters in Delhi - Nov 01, 2010
- Court ruling on Blueline buses Thursday - Mar 02, 2011
- Blueline buses get brief lease of life (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Delhi to add 4,000 buses to tide over Blueline phaseout - Jan 13, 2011
- Blueline buses not to return to Delhi roads - Oct 25, 2010
- Court reserves order on phase-out of Blueline buses - Jan 20, 2011
- Blueline buses get fresh lease of life (Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Corporate bigwigs to make inroads into Delhi bus services - Nov 01, 2010
- Blueline buses to be back on Delhi roads Monday - Oct 15, 2010
- Allow us to ply on inter-state routes: Blueline operators to court - Aug 19, 2011
- Court tips on traffic scenario after Blueline buses exit - Mar 03, 2011
- Blueline buses to continue in south Delhi: Court - Feb 19, 2010
- Blueline operators can run buses as a co-op, court told - Sep 16, 2011
Tags: axe, blueline buses, bus operators, bus service, cluster one, commonwealth games, corporate entities, delhi government, delhi high court, floor buses, government notification, kaur, london, New Delhi, paris, petition, requisite number, service scheme, south delhi