Corporation Bank signs MoU with UIDAIAugust 5th, 2010 - 5:51 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 5 (ANI): The Corporation Bank has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), following which it will act as registrar for unique identification project ‘Aadhar’
“As per the agreement, the bank would enroll customers for issuing a 16-digit unique identification number by collecting biometric and demographic details as per UID norms,” said Corporation Bank in a statement issued on Thursday.
“The bank has been actively involved in financial inclusion and to provide basic banking services to the excluded population in rural and urban areas,” it added.
The State Bank of India (SBI) has so far been the first registrar of UIDAI.
‘Aadhar’ is India’s new unique identification system, headed by Nandan Nilekani.
The AADHAR system will work by establishing one’s identity using the AADHAR code, and any combination of biometric identification, such as fingerprint or retina scans. (ANI)
- Cyber expert fears misuse of UID numbers - Aug 12, 2011
- How to get your own unique identity number - May 08, 2011
- One mn Indians to be enrolled per day for unique identity - Jun 23, 2011
- Both home ministry, UIDAI to gather data, cabinet decides - Jun 07, 2012
- UBI signs MoU with Unique Identification Authority - Aug 13, 2010
- UID to facilitate healthcare services: Nilekani - Dec 01, 2011
- Compromise reached on Unique ID project row (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Compromise reached on Unique ID project row - Jan 27, 2012
- UIDAI to refresh data collection process in second phase - Feb 07, 2012
- Delhi residents to get UID numbers by October - Mar 11, 2011
- One crore Indians get their unique ID number - Jun 30, 2011
- Data collection method of unique ID authority finalised (Lead) - May 18, 2010
- Haryana signs unique identification MoU - Jun 10, 2010
- LIC inks MoU with UIDAI to deliver identity numbers - Jun 09, 2010
- Aadhar targets 200 million enrolments soon - Jan 21, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,