Corporate advertisement budget up by 30-40 percentSeptember 27th, 2010 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 27 (IANS) India Inc’s advertisement expenses have gone up by nearly 30-40 percent in the first two quarters of this fiscal due to a surge in demand and manufacturing, an industry lobby said Monday.
“A vast majority of corporates in private and public sector have hiked their budgets,” said the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM).
The sectors that have been spending large sums on advertisements include fast moving consumer goods, home and electronic appliances, automobile, real estate, textiles, gems and jewellery and luxury products.
“It has been noticed that magazines/newspapers who had reduced the number of pages in the past have suddenly increased the pages to accommodate the ads being sponsored by corporates,” said D. S Rawat, secretary general, ASSOCHAM.
And if this trend continues, the advertisement budgets of companies may go up in the next two quarters of the 2010-11 financial year.
“Ad promotion activities and enhancement in entertainment and other allowances will pick up fast, which will increase the growth of advertisement specially during the ensuring festive months,” ASSOCHAM said in a statement.
- Corporate ad spend to dip up to 35 percent: ASSOCHAM - Apr 02, 2009
- Economy may grow close to 8 percent in fourth quarter: Assocham - Mar 28, 2010
- IT, BPO sector lead job growth in India - Jun 30, 2011
- Tax hikes to hit household budgets - Apr 01, 2012
- IT, outsourcing power India's job market (Second Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- Gems, jewellery sector turnover to double by 2015: Assocham - Jul 22, 2011
- Overall hiring up 2.15 percent in June quarter - Nov 16, 2011
- Kerala leads in growth rate in investment projects: Assocham - Jun 20, 2012
- Ranchi tops tier-III cities in creating jobs in Q4: Report - Mar 21, 2011
- Survey shows upward trend in job growth - Oct 18, 2010
- High price of essentials hits average Indian in metros - Aug 28, 2011
- Chhattisgarh asked to ease enforcement of forest laws - Mar 22, 2011
- More than 500,000 jobs added in second quarter: Economic Survey - Feb 25, 2010
- Exporters expect demand to pick up, wary of currency fluctuations - Oct 24, 2010
- Gems and jewellery exports shine in 2010-11 - Apr 19, 2011
Tags: assocham, budgets, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, corporate advertisement, corporates, electronic appliances, gems, india inc, industry of india, jewellery, luxury products, moving consumer goods, New Delhi, promotion activities, public sector, quarters, rawat, secretary general, sums