Cool Grey 11 Retro Shoe Launch Witnesses Mad Rush By BuyersDecember 24th, 2010 - 8:52 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Dec 24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The news of the much awaited launch of the Cool Grey 11 retro shoes based on the model used by legendary Basketball player Michael Jordan created sensation among his fans. The shoe was launched yesterday at midnight by some retailers and online sale was also arranged. However, the launch of the much awaited shoe model did not go smoothly. Some shoppers in Texas were so desperate to grab the shoes before others that when the sale began Thursday morning they made a rush for the limited edition Nike Air Jordan sneakers. A number of retailers were selling the “Cool Grey” Nike Air Jordan 11 Retro shoes for around $175 a pair.
In some instances the shoppers who lined up outside the retail stores lost their temper resulting in a ruckus. The cops had to be called in at Round Rock Premium Outlets as the workers at the outlet were worried about the way the shoppers were behaving. Eric Poteet a Round Rock police spokesperson said “The store was hesitant to allow 100 people in all at once, and some in the crowd got angry and started causing problems.” To tackle the situation from getting out of control a number of police officers reached the outlet. A number of people were detained, said the cops but no one of them was arrested. No injury was reported either.
The cops were also called in two malls in Houston area namely the Northline Mall and Deerbrook Mall. The cause was the same. The crowd was huge and the Deerbrook mall entrances were damaged. The buyers are madly rushing for the Cool Grey sneakers because they are really scarce. It was in 2001 when they were sold previously. Nike decided to sell them only for a day which resulted in the near-stampede situation.
- Cool Grey 11 Shoes Debuting Today - Dec 23, 2010
- "Space Jam Jordans" Series Released By Nike - Dec 23, 2009
- Warren Sapp auditioning his collection of Air Jordans? - Aug 06, 2012
- West's trainers a hit, fans offering $89,100 for a pair - Jun 07, 2012
- Athletes on shopping spree at Olympic Park - Aug 03, 2012
- Wal-Mart Hit By Shoplifting Amidst Cyber Monday Sales Season - Nov 28, 2010
- Now, shop at multiple stores and pay with one credit card transaction! - Nov 20, 2010
- Tanger Outlet Opens At Mebane Amidst Fanfare - Nov 06, 2010
- Shops, retail chains in malls down shutters against tax - Mar 07, 2011
- Kanye West trainers selling at over $80,000 - Jun 07, 2012
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Catmoss Launches Ramayana Merchandise - Oct 12, 2010
- Shoppers Stop to enter smaller cities - Aug 11, 2010
- Last Moment Preparation For Black Friday Rush - Nov 25, 2009
- 'India single most important focus' for US luxury brand Zippo - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: air jordan sneakers, basketball player, dec 24, deerbrook mall, houston area, launch, mad rush, michael jordan, nike air jordan, nike air jordan 11, nike air jordan sneakers, northline mall, police spokesperson, poteet, premium outlets, retro shoes, ruckus, shoe model, stampede, thursday morning