Consumers in Gujarat get toll free number for complaintsDecember 24th, 2008 - 12:42 am ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Dec 23 (IANS) With Dec 24 being celebrated as National Consumer Day, Gujarat will get a toll free number, 1800 233 0222, to help consumers get free advice on all consumer-related issues. The Gujarat Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs and the Consumer Education and Research Centre (CERC) are jointly celebrating this year’s event with the theme ‘Consumers Be Alert, Stay Safe’. Narottambhai Patel, Minister of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, would inaugurate the Consumer Helpline Wednesday.
The helpline will guide consumers and assist them in resolving their grievances. CERC has been selected by the state government for setting up the helpline to address issues related to water, banking, credit cards, telephone services, building related issues, hospital services, education and investor services. Farmers too can seek help through this helpline.
Moreover, general information related to consumer protection, the Consumer Protection Act and the administrative set-up under the Act will also be provided by the helpline at CERC.
The programme is being held at the Ahmedabad Management Association hall here.
- Over 10,000 calls to National Consumer Helpline in November - Dec 28, 2011
- Consumer helpline receives 10,170 calls in April - May 27, 2011
- Consumer helpline gets over 11,000 calls in July - Sep 01, 2011
- 15 percent calls to consumer helpline linked to telecom - Dec 14, 2010
- Ads that make tall claims to be brought under scanner - Sep 17, 2011
- Over 11,000 calls to National Consumer Helpline in January - Feb 17, 2012
- Exam time: Another helpline for stressed students - Feb 10, 2012
- Pulses, edible oils may be subsidised to reduce prices: Food Minister (Interview) - Jul 26, 2012
- Corruption-scarred BJP government starts bribe-free services (Karnataka Newsletter) - Mar 03, 2012
- RTE is not a panacea, say experts - Dec 21, 2011
- Portfolios of Maharashtra ministers announced - Nov 19, 2010
- Delhi to host consumer rights conference from March 14 - Mar 12, 2011
- Need mechanism to tackle misleading ads: Thomas - Nov 17, 2011
- Highlights of President Patil's speech - Mar 12, 2012
- Protect consumers against misleading ads: Minister - Feb 14, 2012