Consumer helpline receives 10,170 calls in AprilMay 27th, 2011 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) The National Consumer Helpline (NCH) received 10,170 calls - the maximum number (2,906) from Delhi - during April for redressal of consumer complaints, an official statement said Friday.
According to latest figures by ministry of consumer affairs, 19 percent of the calls (1,955) related to telecom sector, followed by products, cooking gas, banking and insurance registering between 5 to 16 percent calls.
In addition of these calls, 639 complaints were also received through online complaint system on NCH website, the statement said.
After Delhi, the maximum complaint were received from Uttar Pradesh (1,581), Maharashtra (1,247), Rajasthan (840) and Haryana (820).
Feedback was received from 353 consumers. Out of these, 263 complaints were resolved under convergence with various companies, the statement said.
Consumers from across the country can access the toll free National Consumer Helpline number 1800-11-4000 and seek telephonic counselling for consumer related problems faced by them.
The helpline also provides information, advice and guidance related to consumer issues.
- Consumer helpline gets over 11,000 calls in July - Sep 01, 2011
- Over 11,000 calls to National Consumer Helpline in January - Feb 17, 2012
- Over 10,000 calls to National Consumer Helpline in November - Dec 28, 2011
- 15 percent calls to consumer helpline linked to telecom - Dec 14, 2010
- Telecom sector most complained against - Aug 11, 2011
- Haryana villagers made to pay for power - Aug 18, 2011
- Anti-corruption helpline buzzes with complaints - Oct 27, 2010
- Hello! Delhi Police women's helpline gets lewd, abusive calls - Feb 13, 2012
- Bharti Airtel receives maximum customer complaints - Mar 09, 2011
- Delhi Metro changes new helpline number - Dec 28, 2010
- Rolaids Recall Issued By Johnson & Johnson - Dec 10, 2010
- Forest, tree cover increasing, says Ramesh - Nov 29, 2010
- Helpline for students ahead of board exam results - May 23, 2012
- Bharti Airtel's quarterly net profit declines 22.4 percent (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Delhi Metro enrolls more Smart Card passengers - May 10, 2011
Tags: complaint system, consumer complaints, consumer helpline, consumers, convergence, counselling, haryana, information advice and guidance, insurance, maximum number, ministry of consumer, ministry of consumer affairs, nch, New Delhi, telecom sector