Construction of Beijing’s tallest building startsSeptember 19th, 2011 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 19 (IANS) The construction of Beijing’s tallest building, the 500-metre-high China Zun skyscraper, began here Monday.
China Zun’s design is inspired by an ancient Chinese wine vessel, the developer, the CITIC Group, said.
The building will dwarf the nearby China World Trade Centre Tower 3, a 330-meter-tall building, which is currently the tallest in the city, according to Xinhua.
The building will feature latest energy-saving technologies. The top floor will house a cafe and will also serve as a sightseeing platform.
- China to get world's third tallest building - Jun 22, 2011
- Dubai's Princess Tower enters Guinness Records - May 21, 2012
- Tokyo Skytree opens to the public - May 23, 2012
- Shanghai hotel aims to set height record - Dec 20, 2010
- China races to build world's second tallest skyscraper - Dec 28, 2011
- China to create world's 3rd tallest building - Dec 09, 2010
- China's tallest building to reach 2,073 feet - May 29, 2012
- World's tallest log cabin destroyed in fire - May 07, 2012
- Iconic Mexican skyscraper to house hotel - Sep 22, 2009
- China's earliest wine unearthed in tomb - Jul 06, 2012
- Orbit tower unveiled in London's Olympic park - May 12, 2012
- China creating eight-legged Bruce Lee sculpture to compete with Statue of Liberty - Aug 18, 2010
- Beijing buildings prone to lightning strikes in summer - Jul 16, 2010
- Indian sweat and toil helped Burj reach for the skies - Nov 23, 2009
- French 'Spiderman' scales world's tallest tower in Dubai - Mar 29, 2011