Considering out-of-court solution on expressway: NHAIAugust 6th, 2012 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 6 (IANS) The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) Monday informed the Delhi High Court that its board would consider the proposals for out-of-court settlement with the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway’s concessionaire.
Delhi-Gurgaon Super Connectivity Ltd. (DGSCL), which operates the expressway, had moved the court for a direction to stop the NHAI from taking any coercive action against it, including termination of the contract.
The relation between the two parties soured after the NHAI accused the DGSCL of fraud in the form of refinancing the project without getting its approval.
The NHAI told the court that its board had decided to hold a meeting to consider the proposals to settle the issue between the parties.
Justice Muralidhar granted the NHAI time till Aug 30, and posted the matter for the same date.
The NHAI earlier told the court that a meeting was held between the NHAI committee and the concessionaire and the issues between them were settled but internal approvals were required for formalising the settlement.
The court had also asked both sides to discuss the proposal for an out-of-court settlement.
The highways authority, while ordering termination of its deal with the private firm, had accused it of failure to improve services at the 32-lane toll plaza.
The DGSCL approached the court after the NHAI issued a preliminary termination notice to it Dec 7 last year.
- NHAI, private firm settle Gurgaon toll plaza issue - Jul 05, 2012
- NHAI, Gurgaon expressway operator get time for talks - Aug 30, 2012
- NHAI, Gurgaon expressway operator settle dispute (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- DGSCL files contempt petition against NHAI - Mar 27, 2012
- Court restrains NHAI on contract termination - Mar 02, 2012
- 'Accidents rise on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway' - Apr 13, 2012
- No toll on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway for 15 days: Court - Sep 04, 2012
- Operator charges toll at two Gurgoan plazas - Sep 05, 2012
- Jam free traffic promised on Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway - Sep 19, 2012
- Top cop who took on Gurgaon toll plaza transferred - Sep 18, 2012
- Two toll employees on Gurgaon Expressway held for extortion - Sep 21, 2012
- Free ride on Gurgaon expressway till Sep 25 - Sep 20, 2012
- Haryana to invoke penalty for delayed expressway project - Nov 16, 2011
- Toll rates hiked on Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway - Apr 01, 2010
- Protest in Chhattisgarh capital against toll plaza - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: coercive action, concessionaire, connectivity, court settlement, delhi high court, failure, fraud, gurgaon, India, internal approvals, national highways authority, New Delhi, nhai, private firm, proposal, proposals, termination notice