Congress has made Haryana bankrupt: ChautalaMarch 3rd, 2009 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, March 3 (IANS) Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) leader Om Prakash Chautala Tuesday accused Haryana’s Congress government of leading the state to bankruptcy.
The former chief minister told reporters here that the four-year-old Bhupinder Singh Hooda government had put Haryana under immense debt due to faulty policies.
“When our (INLD) government came to power in 1999, Haryana was under a debt of Rs.200 crore (Rs.2 billion) but when we left office in 2005, there was a surplus revenue of Rs.1,750 crore (Rs.17.5 billion),” he said.
“The Congress government has destroyed the economic prosperity of Haryana. In the last two months, the state government has taken a debt of Rs.3,000 crore (Rs.30 billion),” he added.
Finance Minister Birender Singh last month presented the state budget, saying Haryana had become revenue deficit after four years.
Calling the Hooda government’s development plank a bluff, Chautala claimed that the state’s roads were in their worst condition compared to several other states in the country.
He added: “They have unnecessarily built bypasses where we did not need them. They have done this only to increase the land prices of those areas where their close associates own land.”
Chautala accused the government of losing grip over the law and order situation.
- 'Hooda falsely implicated me to grab power' - Jun 01, 2012
- INLD demands judicial probe into villager's murder - Jun 10, 2011
- INLD seeks judicial probe into Haryana land scam - Jan 26, 2011
- Hooda government selling state to land mafia: INLD - Aug 30, 2012
- Hisar bypoll: Hooda has lot at stake - Sep 25, 2011
- A Rs.300 crore 'Thank You' from Hooda! (Haryana Newsletter) - Dec 18, 2011
- Birender Singh files papers for Rajya Sabha seat - Jun 30, 2010
- Chautala attacks Congress for acquiring fertile land for projects - Sep 02, 2010
- All eyes on Hisar - to fill Bhajan Lal's shoes - Sep 11, 2011
- Suspended INLD lawmakers hold 'parallel' session - Aug 24, 2011
- Function for CWG medal winners: Haryana draws flak - Oct 30, 2010
- Lok Dal practising politics of regionalism: Hooda - Apr 04, 2010
- Hooda detractors make themselves heard (Haryana Newsletter) - Jan 15, 2012
- Haryana home minister attacked by opposition activists - Apr 04, 2010
- Hooda criticises Punjab for canal controversy - Jul 12, 2011
Tags: chautala, chief minister, close associates, congress government, crore, economic prosperity, finance minister, hooda, immense debt, inld, last two months, law and order, losing grip, om prakash, revenue deficit, rs 1, rs 2, rs 200, state budget, surplus revenue