Conference to foster ties between corporates and NGOsMarch 15th, 2012 - 11:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 15 (IANS) Helping NGOs and corporates to foster ties and develop a planned social responsibility strategy will be the focus of an exhibition and conference beginning Friday in the sattelite town of Gurgaon.
The three-day ‘NGO India 2012′ launched by exhibition organiser UBM India will help several corporates in identifying opportunities and share best practices in developing a planned corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategy, a statement said.
Over 150 NGO’s will get an opportunity to profile their work before India’s corporate houses.
“For the first time in India, we are facilitating an event where as part of our CSR we bring NGOs and donors on the same platform,” said Michael Duck, executive vice president, UBM Asia.
“The forum includes networking, knowledge sharing, exploring funding avenues and an opportunity for matching potential donors and recipients,” he added.
From showcasing their work to voicing their views, NGO India 2012 is an attempt to make a difference to those in the business of making a difference, Duck further said.
- CRY convenes summit to highlight corporate responsibility - Mar 07, 2012
- Canada sponsors seminar on corporate social responsibility - Apr 29, 2010
- Corporates told to give handlooms, handicraft products as gift items - Aug 13, 2012
- 'Pehal' initiatve aims to uplift the underprivileged - Jul 27, 2012
- CEOs forum for skills development launched - Sep 07, 2012
- Helping women in distress fight back - Dec 09, 2010
- Ford to spend $250,000 on seven Tamil Nadu villages - May 22, 2012
- Make corporate social responsibility quantifiable: Khurshid - Feb 17, 2010
- Nestle opens nominations for sustainable development award - Feb 11, 2011
- Western slowdown squeezes funds for Indian NGOs - Jan 18, 2012
- Gul Panag to launch 12-city marathon - Dec 23, 2011
- Make CSR mandatory, says philanthropist Sitaram Jindal - Jun 03, 2012
- G-20 Summit Declaration - Jun 20, 2012
- Maharashtra seeks corporate help to tackle malnutrition - Dec 30, 2011
- Corporates cannot avoid social responsibility, says Patel - Mar 21, 2011
Tags: asia, avenues, corporate houses, corporate social responsibility, corporates, donors, executive vice, exhibition organiser, networking knowledge, New Delhi, ngo, share best practices, ties, time in india, ubm, vice president