Conciliation meeting between Ford India union and management TuesdayApril 3rd, 2012 - 1:29 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 2 (IANS) A conciliation meeting is to be held Tuesday between Ford India Employees Union (FIEU) and the management of car maker Ford India Pvt Ltd before the labour commissioner to discuss the issue of suspension of seven workers on Friday.
“The conciliation meeting is slated tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. There was a meeting on Saturday but there was no progress as the management representatives led by a General Manager said they are not authorised to decide on the issue,” A. Satish Kumar, general secretary of FIEU, told IANS.
The labour trouble at Ford India, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the US-based Ford Motor Company, started last Tuesday when nine workers were dismissed for fudging pharmacy bills to claim reimbursement from the company.
Around 700 workers abstained from work for two days demanding their reinstatement and the matter went for conciliation before the labour commissioner last Thursday.
At the conciliation Thursday, the company agreed not to take action against the workers who boycotted work.
However the seven workers were surprised and shocked to receive suspension orders.
“Though another conciliation meeting is slated for April 9 2012 to discuss the issue of nine dismissed workers, we hope that issue also would be discussed tomorrow (Tuesday),” Kumar said.
- Trouble grows in Ford India after seven workers suspended - Mar 30, 2012
- Conciliation meeting between Ford union, management Thursday - Mar 28, 2012
- Work to resume at Ford India's Chennai plant Friday - Mar 30, 2012
- Labour trouble brewing in Ford India - Mar 23, 2011
- Labour trouble at Ford India - Mar 27, 2012
- Comstar Automotive workers' strike continues for 28th day - Sep 07, 2011
- Strike at Nokia Siemens Networks India - Apr 09, 2012
- Workers' strike at Comstar Automotive enters day 13 - Aug 23, 2011
- Comstar Automotive summoned to attend meeting - Aug 27, 2011
- Striking Comstar Automotive workers to fast Friday - Aug 31, 2011
- Hyundai workers want union recognition decided on ballot - May 16, 2011
- Normalcy returns to Nokia India's plant - Jan 23, 2010
- Hyundai Motor India strike enters second day - Jun 08, 2010
- Workers' strike at Comstar Automotive enters 10th day - Aug 20, 2011
- Hold talks daily, court tells Air India, pilots (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
Tags: car maker, chennai, ford, ford india, ford motor, ford motor company, general secretary, india pvt ltd, labour commissioner, last thursday, last tuesday, management representatives, pharmacy bills, reinstatement, satish kumar, subsidiary, suspension orders, tuesday morning