Concast plans to set up Rs. 8 bn cement plant in ArunachalFebruary 2nd, 2012 - 1:30 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 1 (IANS) Concast Group Wednesday said it is planning to set up a 1.2 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) cement plant at Arunachal Pradesh, pumping in an estimated investment of Rs 8 billion.
The company, which has recently acquired majority stake at a 0.5 mtpa cement plant at Jamshedpur (Jharkhand), is also looking to invest Rs. 3 billion to expand the capacity of the plant to 1.2 mtpa by the end of 2012.
“Environmental clearance for the Arunachal unit is expected within a month and the plant is expected to be operational within two years after that,” Concast Group chairman and managing director Sanjay Sureka told reporters here.
“Both the Jamshedpur and Arunachal plants have limestone reserves close to the plant that would benefit the company,” Sureka said.
The Kolkata-based company also plans to invest Rs 5.50 billion to upgrade capacity of its Jharsuguda (Orissa)-based steel plant from 0.5 mtpa to 1.4 mtpa.
Concast, which is eyeing to diversify into hospitality sector, has acquired two acres at a cost of Rs.96 crore off EM Bypass in Kolkata. It plans to develop a 150-room hotel and residential complex at the site.
- Birla Corp. mulling cement plant in Ethiopia - Jun 28, 2012
- Binani Cement, Gujarat government sign MoU worth Rs.42 bn - Jan 13, 2011
- Berger Paints to double capacity by 2013-end - Aug 02, 2012
- Jaypee Group to invest Rs.33,000 crore in Gujarat - Jan 15, 2011
- Tata Steel's Jamshedpur plant to be modernised - Aug 05, 2011
- Shree Ganesh jewellery aims to generate 500 MW solar power - Apr 12, 2012
- SAIL investing Rs.20,000 crore for modernising Bengal units - Sep 10, 2011
- Emami to make Rs.1.25 billion capital expenditure - Aug 08, 2012
- MARS Group aiming to produce 5 mn kg of tea in 2013 - Dec 21, 2011
- Andhra allots 1,000 acres for Prism Cement plant - Oct 29, 2011
- Birla Corp plans Rs.1,025 crore capacity expansion investment - Jun 27, 2011
- BOC India to invest Rs 5.4 bn for plants in Odisha - Jul 17, 2012
- Essar Steel commissions Phase 1 of Odisha pellet plant - Apr 09, 2012
- Tata Steel hopes to save Rs.100 using Dhamra port - Jan 18, 2011
- BOC India's three plants in advanced stages of commissioning - May 17, 2012
Tags: arunachal, bn, cement plant, concast, crore, environmental clearance, group chairman, hospitality sector, jharkhand, kolkata, limestone reserves, majority stake, managing director, mtpa, orissa, room hotel, rs 8, sanjay, steel plant, two acres