Companies rely on employee referral for hiringAugust 31st, 2011 - 3:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 31 (IANS) When it comes to recruitment, companies, especially in IT, banking and financial sectors, are increasingly relying on the reference of their existing employees as it reduces hiring costs and attrition rate, an industry survey revealed.
Almost 32 percent of the total hiring by IT and IT-enabled firms during the first six months of the current fiscal were done through employee referral, according to a survey conducted by hiring vendor consolidator firm MyHiringClub.com.
“Employers prefer this programme because it’s very cost-effective for them and employees are dedicatedly referring candidates to earn some extra money. It’s a win-win situation for both,” said Rajesh Kumar, chief executive officer of MyHiringClub.com.
While IT and IT-enabled services are leading the chart, it is followed by banking and financial services with 23 percent, telecom and FMCG with 19 percent each, infrastructure with 17 percent and retail 11 percent of the total recruitment done through employee referral.
Under the employee referral programme, the companies generally pay a fixed amount to the employee on whose reference the hiring is done.
- Manufacturing, engineering firms up hiring from smaller cities - Aug 20, 2011
- NRI IT professionals move back to India - Jul 30, 2011
- Campus recruitment up 32 percent in April-June quarter - Jul 25, 2011
- Hiring up in India economy in April-June - Jul 09, 2011
- Hiring to increase in October-December quarter - Sep 17, 2011
- Indian management students prefer public sector jobs: Study - Jul 16, 2012
- Hiring picks up on positive growth outlook - Jul 02, 2011
- Salary, bonus to rise at slower pace: Survey - Nov 10, 2011
- India Inc cautious on new hiring: Survey - Oct 16, 2011
- Infosys loses more techies than it hired in Q3 - Jan 13, 2011
- TCS plans Rs.2,300 crore capital expenditure - Aug 05, 2011
- Companies to pay more, step up hiring in 2011: Survey - Jul 11, 2011
- Randstad to focus on pharma, IT - Apr 29, 2011
- Infosys to hire 35,000 techies this fiscal - Apr 13, 2012
- Global firms line up with offers for IIM-B grads - Nov 02, 2011
Tags: attrition rate, banking and financial services, chief executive officer, employee referral, extra money, financial sectors, fmcg, industry survey, infrastructure, New Delhi, recruitment companies, six months, telecom