Comics promotion event begins in MumbaiOctober 22nd, 2011 - 11:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 22 (IANS) The first Comic Con Express, the travelling version of the National Indian Comics Convention, came to Mumbai Saturday with an aim to support and boost the comics industry by increasing local participation.
“Fans and visitors in Mumbai will have a gala time as Comic Con Express is planning a whole slew of activities ranging from workshops to interactive sessions, display and sale of a wide range of comics and merchandise, special corners for creating comics and cartoons, contests, book launches and lot more,” said Jatin Varma, founder of Comic Con India.
The two-day convention will be held at the World Trade Centre, Cuffe Parade in south Mumbai between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. The event will have stalls exhibiting, promoting and selling comics, graphic novels and merchandise.
- Read, sketch, buy, sell at India's first Comic Con - Jan 13, 2011
- Comic book business gets serious in India (Feature) - Jul 12, 2011
- First ever Indian comic-book convention in Delhi - Feb 20, 2011
- India's first comic convention to be held in February - Jan 17, 2011
- New-age fare at India's first comics convention - Feb 20, 2011
- 'Tere Bin Laden' director turns comic book writer - Feb 13, 2012
- Comic Con 2012: children, comics drifting apart - Feb 18, 2012
- No humour please, we are Indians! - May 17, 2012
- Cartoon exhibition opens in Delhi - Jun 14, 2011
- Katy Perry gets comic book treatment - Jun 08, 2012
- Jennifer Lawrence terrified of crazy fans - Mar 16, 2012
- Presley turned into comic book character - Jul 21, 2011
- Anant 'Uncle' Pai popularised Indian culture through comics (Obituary, With Image) - Feb 24, 2011
- Dragon*Con 2010 sets world record for biggest gathering of people in Star Trek costumes - Sep 13, 2010
- Deepak Chopra launches graphic novel on Buddha's life - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,