Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runwayApril 8th, 2011 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 8 (IANS) Designers Hemant-Nandita, Pratima Pandey and Tanvi Kedia painted the runway with myriad colours, different cuts, beautiful prints and a lot of bling on the third day of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) here Friday.
Designer duo Hemant-Nandita’s line had elegant cuts and there was a lot to opt for. From kaftaans, kimonos and tunics to cropped pants and jumpsuits, the collection had a mix of traditional and contemporary feel. Colours like burnt orange and tropical green added a zing on fabrics like crepe, slippery satin, silk, velvet, soft chiffon and cashmere.
“We wanted to design the garments which are high on style but very wearable. It’s a common notion to style elegantly just for party but we wanted to break this approach with our holiday wear collection,” Nandita said after the show.
Colour was the high-point of Pratima Pandey’s line as the minimalistic yet trendy range had short dresses, jumpsuits and trousers in hues of bright orange, parrot green, sunshine yellow and shades of blue.
“I wanted to present a girl in very unique way so this is the reason why one witnessed a lot of options in designs and style on ramp,” Pratime said.
If bling is your style of dressing, then designer Tanvi Kedia is the one to watch-out for. She used a lot of bling in her line, which had asymmetrical cuts on fabrics like organza, chiffon and lycra.
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- A bit of Kanjivaram, dollops of vintage clothes at WIFW (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 05, 2011
- Accessorise or try a bikini sari when on holiday (With Images) - Apr 11, 2012
- Go for Pakistani fashion this Eid: Archana Kochhar - Nov 06, 2011
- Designer mixes Persian prints with punk look - Aug 20, 2011
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- A colourful festive collection for trendy girls (With Images) - Sep 25, 2009
- Pam pays tribute to modern women with spring-summer collection (With Image) - Mar 06, 2012
- Jumpsuit-cum-gharara, craftsmanship ruled Pakistan bridal week - Dec 22, 2011
- Chronicle of fashion foretold: Orange for winter - Apr 19, 2011
- Beauty queens jazz up Archana Kochhar's LFW show - Aug 17, 2011
- Go for stylish holiday wear this summer (With Image) - Mar 29, 2012
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: bling, burnt orange, cashmere, chiffon, green sunshine, hues, india fashion week, kedia, kimonos, lycra, pratima, s line, satin silk, short dresses, silk velvet, sunshine yellow, tanvi, tunics, wills lifestyle india fashion week, zing