Colombia looks to brew coffee business with IndiaSeptember 13th, 2012 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) Colombia is looking forward to bringing its world renowned coffee brands like Juan Valdez to India and market the products in the region.
“We see a great future for Colombian coffee here, especially because we have taken notice of the local market’s affection for quality and product superiority,” the Colombian embassy here said in a statement.
People can sample the country’s best brew which the embassy said would be served at the three-day Fine Food India Fair to be held Sep 17-19 at Pragati Maidan here.
“Our Proexport director and Trade Advisor will be there to guide visitors at the event through our premium selection of coffee and snacks, and attend to queries and interests in developing business with Colombia in this sector,” said the statement.
Colombian coffee is rich in flavour and of a special quality deriving from Arabica beans.
Colombia accounts for about 12 percent of the coffee market in the world, third in volume after Vietnam and Brazil.
- Tata Coffee net up 43 percent in 2011-12 - May 09, 2012
- Colombia's 'green gold' coffee a major hit in China - Jul 18, 2010
- Brewing a national coffee culture: Delhi to host coffee fest - Dec 26, 2011
- Indian coffee planters brewing profits - Oct 23, 2011
- Decline in Indian coffee productivity levels alarming: Upasi - Sep 14, 2010
- Indian coffee planters profit from higher global prices - Sep 15, 2009
- Brazilian coffee's market share raises to 32 per cent - Jan 12, 2010
- Indian coffee growers told to improve yield, quality - Oct 07, 2009
- Starbucks to enter India hand in hand with Tata Coffee - Jan 13, 2011
- Bowling for Colombia: Earth food and meat on platter (Eating Out With IANS) - Apr 29, 2010
- Veggie chicken tikka potato chips! New flavours beckon - Jun 21, 2012
- A 70 pounds coffee - made out of cat droppings - Dec 17, 2011
- `Colombia now South America's No. 2 economy' - Sep 01, 2012
- Coffee from Kerala, soon to 'Kic OFF' across India - May 05, 2012
- Pakistanis cook a platter, forge cultural bonds - Apr 15, 2012
Tags: affection, arabica beans, coffee brands, coffee business, coffee market, colombia, colombian coffee, colombian embassy, developing business, fine food, flavour, food india, juan valdez, local market, maidan, New Delhi, product superiority, queries, snacks, vietnam