Cognizant expands its Kochi operationsFebruary 7th, 2012 - 4:40 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Feb 7 (IANS) Cognizant, a NASDAQ-listed, US-headquartered provider of information technology, is expanding its operations in Kerala by leasing 15 acres of land at the Kochi Infopark campus.
The company Tuesday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Kerala government for this.
When fully completed, Cognizant’s new campus in Infopark Phase II will have a built-up area of 1.6 million sq ft and the capacity to accommodate around 12,000 professionals.
Cognizant will develop the campus in phases.
The first phase is being built at a cost of approximately Rs.250 crore and will consist of a 550,000 sq ft software development block, which will accommodate over 4,000 professionals.
Cognizant at present has over 1,500 professionals working from the first phase of Kochi Infopark.
Present at the signing ceremony was Kerala Industries Minister P. K. Kunhalikutty, who said that it was recently that the government has released the ‘Emerging Kerala’ tag line because it is emerging slowly and strongly as the land of opportunities.
“Big IT names like TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Oracle, HCL, Cognizant and Cap Gemini are setting up offices in the state. Today, we are at the threshold of the next phase of IT growth in Kerala and the government assures all support to all companies who will play a key role in the development of the state as a leading IT hub of the country,” said Kunhalikutty.
“We are committed to expanding our operations in Kochi and tapping into the world-class talent in the state of Kerala. This investment in a new campus in Kochi is a part of Cognizant’s commitment to grow its operations in this region, and work closely with academia to further enhance the knowledge quotient,” said R. Chandrasekaran, president and managing director, Global Delivery, Cognizant.
- Cognizant, Ernst & Young to set up Kerala units - May 07, 2011
- Oracle sets up office in Technopark in Kerala - Apr 18, 2011
- E&Y; to open third facility in Kerala - Apr 21, 2012
- Oracle to open in Technopark Kerala Thursday - Jun 14, 2011
- Kerala mulling cutting operating costs of IT firms - Jan 19, 2012
- Infosys to set up second campus in Thiruvananthapuram - Apr 04, 2012
- Kochi Infopark readies for second phase - Oct 12, 2011
- US Consul General McIntyre visits Kerala Infopark - Jun 14, 2012
- Kochi Infopark expressway to open next week - Jun 17, 2010
- Kochi Startup Village to have 2,000 IT firms - Sep 18, 2012
- Kerala's biggest IT employer expands Bangalore operations - Feb 17, 2012
- Kerala IT floats global RFPs to build Kochi Infopark-II - Apr 30, 2010
- After TCS, Oracle to set foot in Kerala - Sep 24, 2010
- Global IT firm unveils facility in Kochi - Feb 28, 2011
- HCL Infosystems to set up research centre in Kerala - Dec 07, 2010
Tags: cap gemini, chandrasekaran, crore, global delivery, industries minister, infosys wipro, kerala government, key role, kunhalikutty, land of opportunities, memorandum of understanding, mou, nasdaq, phase ii, quotient, rs 250, signing ceremony, sq ft, state of kerala, tag line