Cognizant, Ernst & Young to set up Kerala unitsMay 7th, 2011 - 5:13 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, May 7 (IANS) In a major boost to Kerala’s efforts to attract investments in the information technology (IT) space, global consulting and IT majors Cognizant and Ernst & Young Global Shared Services Saturday said they will set up their offices at Infopark campus in Kochi.
The agreements were signed Saturday in the presence of Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan.
This will be Ernst & Young’s second office in the state, after the one in Technopark here.
Achuthanandan said that in the last five years, Kerala has been successful in attracting major IT companies.
“The recent investments by TCS (Tata Consultancy Services), Infosys, Oracle, HCL, Cognizant and Ernst & Young in Kerala are a testimony to the fact that Kerala is now positioned as a hot IT destination,” said Achuthanandan.
“Cognizant is signing up for approximately one lakh sq ft space and Ernst & Young about 25,000 sq ft space in Athulya block (in Infopark campus). We have over 1,100 associates working from our existing facility in Kochi. The additional space at Infopark can accommodate 1,100 associates,” Cognizant vice president Vishnu Potty said.
Global vice chair of Ernst & Young Global Shared Services Tim Eddy said: “This is a very exciting time for us, taking into consideration the longer term needs of our business. The new space substantially increases the size of our facilities, allowing us to respond to growing demands for our shared services from our customers worldwide.”
Infopark’s chief executive officer Binu Pazhoor expressed his delight on the two major IT companies setting up shop in the campus.
“It is certainly a privilege for Infopark to house two great respected businesses in the world, and we are confident that both the companies will find Infopark to be one of the most efficient centres to operate from,” said Pazhoor.
- Cognizant expands its Kochi operations - Feb 07, 2012
- Innovation centre to be set up at Infopark - Feb 07, 2011
- IT, BPO complex project in Kerala's Infopark kicks off - Feb 20, 2011
- US Consul General McIntyre visits Kerala Infopark - Jun 14, 2012
- E&Y; to open third facility in Kerala - Apr 21, 2012
- Global IT firm unveils facility in Kochi - Feb 28, 2011
- Oracle sets up office in Technopark in Kerala - Apr 18, 2011
- Ernst & Young to expand Kerala operations - Jan 11, 2011
- Kerala mulling cutting operating costs of IT firms - Jan 19, 2012
- Kerala IT team to visit global infotech fair - Mar 01, 2011
- Kochi Infopark readies for second phase - Oct 12, 2011
- Kozhikode Cyberpark gets Special Economic Zone tag - Jun 24, 2011
- Kerala IT floats global RFPs to build Kochi Infopark-II - Apr 30, 2010
- IT made giant strides in Kerala under Left rule: Achuthanandan - Jan 09, 2011
- Two lakh new IT jobs in Kerala in two years: Achuthanandan - Oct 10, 2009
Tags: chief executive officer, chief minister, ernst young, ft space, global consulting, global shared services, information technology, infosys, investments, lakh, majors, oracle, privilege, sq ft, taking into consideration, tata consultancy services, technopark, testimony, vice chair, vishnu