Coffee from Kerala, soon to ‘Kic OFF’ across IndiaMay 5th, 2012 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, May 5 (IANS) Steaming cups of coffee made from the best beans sourced from Kerala coffee estates will soon be made available across the country with the Floatel Group of Hotels setting up 3,000 kiosks, quite appropriately named ‘Kic OFF’, said a company official.
The Floatel group, which set up the first floating cottages near the famous Kovalam beach resort, is ready with its new venture that will use coffee from its own estates in the state.
“The highlight of these kiosks is the hot steaming coffee, made out of ‘coffee pods’ which will be the first in the country,” M.R. Narayanan, co-owner of the Floatel group, told IANS, referring to the nitrogen-packed seven grams of coffee.
“We make the purchase of the best quality coffee beans directly from coffee estates. Then they are roasted and packed in a small pouch. Since it is a nitrogen-packed seven-gram pouch, the aroma of the coffee will be there for more than a year. Fresh milk and sugar have to be filled in the containers in the coffee dispensing machine along with our ‘coffee pods’,” he explained.
The company, which will be importing the machines from Italy, has already started the production of ‘coffee pods’ at its newly set up unit called Hotel Tek Beverages(P) Ltd on the outskirts of this city.
The coffee dispenser has been named ‘Easy Serve Expresso - pods’.
Depending on the size of the machine, the dispenser cost would range from Rs.6,000 to Rs.40,000.
“Our 3,000 kiosks will be set up very soon. Apart from our own brand of steaming coffee, there would be vending machines, which would sell juice,” added Narayanan.
Floatel’s came into the limelight in 2009 when it built the first floating market (food items, pulses and all types of consumer goods) on a 16-metre-long boat. Today, this floating market moves around in the Alappuzha backwaters, about 120 km from here, where water transport is the only mode for travel.
(Sanu George can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brewing a national coffee culture: Delhi to host coffee fest - Dec 26, 2011
- A 70 pounds coffee - made out of cat droppings - Dec 17, 2011
- Pennsylvania Wine Lovers Can Now Enjoy Wine From Wine Vending Machines - Aug 08, 2010
- London gets a gold vending machine - Jul 02, 2011
- Starbucks to enter India hand in hand with Tata Coffee - Jan 13, 2011
- Here's how to brew that perfect coffee - Sep 20, 2010
- Ferrari, Lavazza designer dies at 85 - Jul 03, 2012
- Malawi farmers scramble to produce pulses for India - Apr 03, 2011
- Tatas sign formal pact for opening Starbucks cafes in India - Jan 30, 2012
- Touring country in a mobile cafe telling stories (Lead) - Sep 17, 2012
- Gitanjali group inaugurates first gold-dispensing ATM - Oct 22, 2011
- Romancing the Goa rain with chai-bhajji combo (Letter from Goa) - Jul 12, 2012
- Soap from public refillable dispensers may leave hands teeming with bacteria - May 03, 2011
- Britain may see 24-hour medicine vending machines - Jun 22, 2010
- IOB mulls new core banking solution on Oracle platform - May 05, 2012
Tags: backwaters, co owner, coffee dispenser, coffee estates, coffee pods, dispensing machine, food items, fresh milk, kiosks, kovalam beach resort, market food, milk and sugar, quality coffee beans, r narayanan, rs 40, rs 6, sanu, thiruvananthapuram, vending machines, water transport