Cochin Shipyard to launch five platform supply vesselsMay 31st, 2008 - 9:29 pm ICT by admin
Kochi, May 31 (IANS) Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL), one of the leading shipbuilding yards in the country, will launch five platform supply vessels (PSVs) Monday. The PSVs include Sea Turbot for Deep Sea Supply, Norway, Hellspont Daring and Hellspont Dawn for Hellspont Steam Ship, Greece, and Oliver Tide and Davidson Tide for Tide Water Marine, the US.
In a release issued here Saturday, the company said the vessels were designed in a way that would satisfy specific demands of transport of deck cargo, pipes, liquid cargo, cement/barite, unloading to rigs, production platforms and pipe-laying barges.
The vessels have been designed using Rolls Royce ship technology and all the five PSVs will be delivered between August and December 2008.
CSL commenced the ship building operations in 1978, ship repair in 1981, marine engineering training in 1993 and offshore upgradation in 1999.
As a technology leader in India, CSL has adopted the Japanese Integrated Hull Outfitting and Painting system (IHOP) for its new construction works.
A CSL official told IANS that the total cost of production of each vessel is $20 million and it was completed in a matter of six months.
“Some more outside work for the vessels is left and it would be done during the trial runs and then delivery would begin. Presently, we have orders for 20 PSVs for foreign owners valued at Rs.20 billion. We have also commenced construction of aircraft carrier for Indian Navy,” said the official.
- Cochin Shipyard launches five platform supply vessels in Kochi - Jun 02, 2008
- Cochin Shipyard delivers its 17th platform supply vessel - Jun 18, 2010
- Rolls-Royce bags $12.6-mn Indian order for buoy vessel - Aug 22, 2012
- Efforts to tow away grounded ship off Mumbai suspended - Jun 19, 2011
- New Orissa port receives first ultra-large vessel - Jul 25, 2011
- Crew of hijacked Chinese cargo ship rescued - Apr 07, 2012
- Defence shipyards lose out to private players: Antony - Nov 28, 2011
- Navy thwarts pirate attack on two cargo ships - Sep 26, 2011
- Bangladesh detains Indian ship - Dec 26, 2010
- China launches its largest patrol vessel - Jul 28, 2012
- Salvaging of grounded ship off Mumbai to resume Sunday - Jun 18, 2011
- Setting sail with gas from wasted food - Jul 02, 2012
- Indian warship thwarts pirate attack on Greek vessel - Jul 19, 2011
- Defence shipyard eyeing markets in Middle East, Africa - Aug 24, 2011
- 50 tonnes of silver recovered from sea - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: csl, deck cargo, engineering training, indian navy, liquid cargo, marine engineering, painting system, platform supply, production platforms, ship building, ship repair, ship technology, shipbuilding yards, steam ship, supply vessels, technology leader, tide water, turbot, upgradation, water marine