Cochin Shipyard delivers its 17th platform supply vesselJune 18th, 2010 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, June 18 (IANS) Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) Friday delivered a platform supply vessel (PSV) - the 17th it built in the last three years - to Dutch maritime offshore services supplier Vroon Offshore Division.
The protocol documents of the vessel - the workhorse of offshore oil field industry, carrying all operational supplies and stores to far-off installations - named “VOS PRELUDE” were signed by officials of the CSL and Vroon Offshore.
“The work was finished in a year’s time. Right now we are undertaking the building of 13 offshore support vessels for various foreign and Indian owners. The yard is also entrusted with the construction of the prestigious indigenous aircraft carrier project for the Indian Navy,” CSL company secretary V. Kala told IANS.
As the offshore industry moves into deeper waters, demand for such advanced vessels is expected to rise and CSL is fully equipped to handle it, he said.
“The 13 orders for similar vessels are currently on at various stages and we will be supplying this in a phased manner. The last of it would be delivered at the end of next fiscal,” added Kala.
These vessels are built and classified under the most stringent rules and regulations of classification firm Det Norske Veritas (DNV) and also satisfies its “CLEAN” notation.
CSL is one of the leading ship building and repair yards in the country, having started ship-building operations in 1978, ship repair in 1981, marine engineering training in 1993 and offshore upgradation in 1999.
- Kerala to get Rs.1,500 crore new shipyard - Nov 05, 2011
- Cochin Shipyard bags Rs.1,500 cr Coast Guard order - Oct 21, 2010
- Defence shipyards lose out to private players: Antony - Nov 28, 2011
- Rolls-Royce bags $12.6-mn Indian order for buoy vessel - Aug 22, 2012
- Antony to commission modernised Goa Shipyard Saturday - May 19, 2011
- New Indian warship launched in Italy - Oct 12, 2010
- Cochin Shipyard to launch five platform supply vessels - May 31, 2008
- World's largest yacht is 590 feet long - Jun 13, 2012
- Shipping Corporation adds another vessel to its fleet - Oct 21, 2010
- 'Warship delays not linked to Mazagon Docks upgrade' - Nov 23, 2011
- DCNS, Pipavav to address India's naval needs - Jun 11, 2012
- ICGS Rajtarang commissioned in Chennai - May 19, 2012
- Rs.750 crore sanctioned for ship repair unit in Kerala - Sep 14, 2012
- Indian warship launched in Italy (Lead) - Oct 12, 2010
- Indigenous aircraft carrier launch this December: Antony - Aug 02, 2011
Tags: carrier project, deeper waters, dnv, engineering training, indian navy, industry moves, marine engineering, norske veritas, offshore division, offshore industry, offshore services, offshore support vessels, oil field industry, platform supply, protocol documents, ship building, ship repair, stringent rules, supply vessel, upgradation