Cochin international airport profits touch Rs.60.32 croreApril 22nd, 2009 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, April 22 (IANS) Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) Wednesday announced a pre-tax profit of Rs.60.32 crore (Rs.603.2 million) for the fiscal year 2008-09.
Kerala Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan, who is also chairman of CIAL, after a meeting of the board of directors said the profit after tax has seen a sharp rise from Rs.47.12 crore (Rs.471.2 million) in 2007-08.
“The meeting also approved a budget for the current fiscal for Rs.207 crore (Rs.2.07 billion) and we foresee an expenditure of Rs.155 crore (Rs.1.55 billion),” he told reporters.
Achuthanandan also added that CIAL plans to set up a management academy in the current year.
According to the company’s website, CIAL had an annual passenger movement of over 2.6 million and 386 aircraft movements per week. Currently, 10 domestic and 16 international airlines operate from CIAL.
CIAL is the first airport outside the ambit of the Airports Authority of India and was formed as a public limited company with equity participation from the Kerala government, financial institutions and a large number of NRIs, many of whom are Malayalis based in the Middle East.
- Kochi airport plans expansion with rise in profits - Nov 13, 2010
- CIAL announces 10 percent dividend - Jul 29, 2009
- HUDCO moves court for stake in Kochi airport - Nov 05, 2010
- Hero MotoCorp's fourth quarter net up 20 percent - May 02, 2012
- Small investors entitled for Kannur airport equity - Oct 17, 2011
- United India to cross Rs.8,000 crore premium - Feb 14, 2012
- Power Grid's third quarter profit up 21.18 percent - Feb 08, 2011
- McLeod Russel's 2010-11 net profit up 7 percent - May 30, 2011
- NTPC's third quarter net profit at Rs.2,371.48 crore - Jan 31, 2011
- Bharti Airtel net slumps 41 percent on spectrum cost, margins (Lead) - Feb 02, 2011
- Bharti Airtel's quarterly net profit drops - Aug 03, 2011
- Chola MS targets Rs.2,000 crore premium by 2013-14 - Dec 29, 2010
- Oil India's Q3 net profit up 26.58 percent - Feb 05, 2011
- TVS logs 28 percent net profit, to launch new vehicles - May 24, 2012
- Coal India's net profit up by 12.94 pc in FY11 - May 25, 2011
Tags: aircraft movements, airports authority of india, ambit, chief minister, cial, cochin international airport, cochin international airport limited, crore, equity participation, financial institutions, fiscal year, international airlines, kerala government, management academy, public limited company, rs 1, rs 2, tax profit, touch rs, v s achuthanandan