Coca Cola to to invest $5 billion in India by 2020June 26th, 2012 - 5:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 26 (IANS) Coca Cola, the world’s largest beverage firm, plans to invest $5 billion in India over the next eight years on expanding its bottling and other business capacities, company chairman and chief executive officer Muhtar Kent said Tuesday.
“We plan to invest $5 billion in Indian business between now and 2020. This represents an increase of $3 billion beyond what we had previously committed to investing in this market,” Kent said at a media interaction here.
He said the company was “very bullish” on India and would invest heavily across the value chain to expand business.
He said Coca Cola target to double its business in India by the end of this decade.
The company plans to invest $30 billion globally by 2020. One-sixth of the planned global investment will be made in India.
- Coca Cola plans to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in Russia - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca-Cola opens $120 mn plant for 2014 Winter Olympics - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca-Cola plans to invest $1 bn in Mexico in 2012 - Jan 30, 2012
- Coca-Cola to set up three new plants in China - Apr 28, 2010
- India, China sales boost Coca-Cola profits - Feb 10, 2010
- Coke profits soar to $6.8 bn riding India, China sales (Lead) - Feb 10, 2010
- Bottling firm to invest $1.1 bn in Colombia, Brazil - Mar 01, 2012
- Beverage makers set for summer war in $10 bn market - Apr 09, 2012
- Coca Cola quarterly volume in India grows 20 percent - Feb 08, 2012
- Coca-Cola to invest $5 bn in Mexico - Aug 22, 2009
- Coca Cola not to increase prices in India - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca-Cola sees 33 percent growth in India - Jul 21, 2009
- Coca-Cola enters dairy segment - Aug 17, 2010
- Coca-Cola, Jain Irrigation to showcase modern mango farming in Andhra - Jul 24, 2012