Coca-Cola sales rise 20 percent in IndiaJuly 17th, 2012 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 17 (IANS) Beverages major Coca-Cola Tuesday reported a 20 percent rise in sales growth in India, the highest among BRICS countries, in the second quarter of the current calendar year.
The company reported nine percent growth in volume intake in Russia, seven percent in China and six percent in Brazil.
During the quarter under review, brand Coca-Cola’s volume as a stand-alone drink grew 35 percent and that of Sprite 29 percent in India.
The company also reported strong global volume growth of four percent in the second quarter.
“Volume growth in the quarter was well-balanced around the world, with solid growth in key developed markets, including Japan, North America and Germany, as well as strong growth in key emerging markets such as India, Russia, China and Brazil,” the company said in a statement.
- Coca Cola quarterly volume in India grows 20 percent - Feb 08, 2012
- Coca-Cola reports 22 percent jump in India sales - Jul 21, 2010
- India, China sales boost Coca-Cola profits - Feb 10, 2010
- Coca Cola plans to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Coke profits soar to $6.8 bn riding India, China sales (Lead) - Feb 10, 2010
- Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in Russia - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca-Cola opens $120 mn plant for 2014 Winter Olympics - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca Cola India posts 17th consecutive quarterly growth - Oct 19, 2010
- Bottling firm to invest $1.1 bn in Colombia, Brazil - Mar 01, 2012
- Coca-Cola, Jain Irrigation to showcase modern mango farming in Andhra - Jul 24, 2012
- Brazil to tackle economic crisis by more investment - Sep 03, 2011
- Coca-Cola sees 33 percent growth in India - Jul 21, 2009
- BRIC revenues help push IBM profits - Apr 18, 2012
- Coca-Cola launches Minute Maid juice range - Mar 28, 2011
- Coca-Cola, ISB to set up retail academy - Jan 10, 2011