Coca-Cola reassures product safety in ChinaMay 1st, 2012 - 9:49 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 1 (IANS) The Coca-Cola Company has reassured its product safety after completing major corrective measures undertaken at the request of a quality watchdog in a Chinese province.
The beverage giant’s bottling plant in Shanxi province was asked to suspend production and take corrective actions last Saturday by Shanxi provincial Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision after investigations into news reports said some products by the plant on a certain date were mixed with chlorine, Xinhua reported.
Su Yan, an official of the bottling plant, said corrective actions on all the major issues have been completed.
“We have moved quickly to address the major issues identified by the Shanxi provincial Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision,” said Su.
In a statement, Coca-Cola Shanxi Beverages Co. Ltd. admitted that some of its products were contaminated by chlorine in February during a routine maintenance procedure.
Water in production facilities with small amounts of chlorine flowed into water used for producing drinks during a pipe refitting project Feb 3 due to errors in operation, the statement said.
The company apologised for the production of nine batches of contaminated products between Feb 4 and 8. However, it reassured that the nine batches of beverages produced by the plant between Feb 4 and 8 were safe to consume and posed no harm to human health.
- Coca Cola apologizes in China - May 05, 2012
- Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in Russia - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca-Cola opens $120 mn plant for 2014 Winter Olympics - Sep 26, 2011
- Mexican bottler to build $140 mn plant in Brazil - Dec 07, 2011
- Coca-Cola sales rise 20 percent in India - Jul 17, 2012
- Coca-Cola, Jain Irrigation to showcase modern mango farming in Andhra - Jul 24, 2012
- Coke has no alcohol in it, says manufacturer - Feb 17, 2011
- Coca Cola embroiled in 'dangerously misleading' water ad controversy - Feb 05, 2011
- Coca-Cola, ISB to set up retail academy - Jan 10, 2011
- Coca Cola plans to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Coca-Cola sets up first analytical lab in country - Feb 18, 2010
- Bottling firm to invest $1.1 bn in Colombia, Brazil - Mar 01, 2012
- Coca-Cola launches Minute Maid juice range - Mar 28, 2011
- Coke to pull out of Mexican schools to promote anti-obesity drive - Jun 11, 2010
- Coca-Cola launches lemon fruit drink - Jan 18, 2010
Tags: apologised, batches, beverages, bottling plant, china beijing, chinese province, chlorine, coca cola, coca cola company, corrective actions, corrective measures, human health, last saturday, maintenance procedure, news reports, product safety, routine maintenance, technical supervision, watchdog, xinhua