Coca-Cola opens $120 mn plant for 2014 Winter OlympicsSeptember 26th, 2011 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Sep 26 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The Coca-Cola Company has launched a $120 million plant to supply non-alcoholic beverages for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Russia’s Black Sea resort city of Sochi, the company said Monday.
The plant, which will be the company’s 15th production facility in Russia, will have a capacity of 450 million decalitres of non-alcoholic beverages a year, the company said in a statement.
“Our system is part of the fabric of Russia’s economic development and we continue to invest in Russia to create jobs and stimulate growth across our supply chain. Today’s announcement underscores the Coca-Cola system’s long-term strategy of investing in Russia,” Coca-Cola chairman and chief executive officer Muhtar Kent was quoted as saying.
The company along with its bottling partner, Coca-Cola Hellenic, will invest in Russia more than $3 billion from 2012 to 2016, he said.
- Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in Russia - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca-Cola to set up three new plants in China - Apr 28, 2010
- Coca Cola plans to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Coca-Cola plans to invest $1 bn in Mexico in 2012 - Jan 30, 2012
- Coca Cola to to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 - Jun 26, 2012
- Bolivian president asks UN to support coca farming - Mar 13, 2012
- Coke has no alcohol in it, says manufacturer - Feb 17, 2011
- India, China sales boost Coca-Cola profits - Feb 10, 2010
- Coke's secret recipe shifted to a new abode - Dec 13, 2011
- Coke profits soar to $6.8 bn riding India, China sales (Lead) - Feb 10, 2010
- Coca-Cola to invest $5 bn in Mexico - Aug 22, 2009
- Coca-Cola, Jain Irrigation to showcase modern mango farming in Andhra - Jul 24, 2012
- Government to introduce new food standardisation norms (With Images) - Sep 21, 2012
- Coca-Cola sales rise 20 percent in India - Jul 17, 2012
- Mexican bottler to build $140 mn plant in Brazil - Dec 07, 2011
Tags: 2014 winter olympics, black sea, chief executive officer, coca cola, coca cola company, economic development, fabric, hellenic, investing in russia, jobs, moscow, non alcoholic beverages, olympics, ria novosti, sea resort, sochi, supply chain, term strategy, winter olympics