Coca Cola India posts 17th consecutive quarterly growthOctober 19th, 2010 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 19 (IANS) Global beverages giant Coca Cola posted strong quarterly growth for the quarter ended Sep 30 in India despite a rather lengthy rainy season.
Beverage sales are typically lower during rains.
Coca Cola India posted growth in volumes for the 17th successive quarter, “despite record rainfall in the quarter and cycling very strong 37 percent growth in the prior year quarter,” it said.
The company, which does not give country-specific details, said beverages, including non-alcoholic beverages without carbonation, flavoured waters and juices, increased 21 percent in Eurasia and Africa regions.
Sale of carbonated drinks in these regions also went up a healthy 10 percent.
The company’s operating income in the Eurasia and Africa in the third quarter grew 20 percent.
Global consolidated net operating revenues for the quarter under review went up by 5 percent to $8.42 billion, while gross profit increased 8 percent to $5.5 billion.
–Indo-Asian NEws SErvice
- Coca Cola quarterly volume in India grows 20 percent - Feb 08, 2012
- India, China sales boost Coca-Cola profits - Feb 10, 2010
- Coca-Cola sales rise 20 percent in India - Jul 17, 2012
- Coke profits soar to $6.8 bn riding India, China sales (Lead) - Feb 10, 2010
- Coca Cola plans to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in Russia - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca-Cola opens $120 mn plant for 2014 Winter Olympics - Sep 26, 2011
- Beverage makers set for summer war in $10 bn market - Apr 09, 2012
- Coca-Cola plans to invest $1 bn in Mexico in 2012 - Jan 30, 2012
- Coca-Cola, Jain Irrigation to showcase modern mango farming in Andhra - Jul 24, 2012
- Bottling firm to invest $1.1 bn in Colombia, Brazil - Mar 01, 2012
- Coca-Cola launches Minute Maid juice range - Mar 28, 2011
- Coca-Cola reports 22 percent jump in India sales - Jul 21, 2010
- Coca Cola to to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 - Jun 26, 2012
- Coca-Cola, ISB to set up retail academy - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: africa regions, asian news, beverage sales, carbonated drinks, coca cola, eurasia, giant, gross profit, India, indo, jj, juices, New Delhi, news service, non alcoholic beverages, operating income, rainy season, record rainfall, srj